Garden Log

What skills to learn, what tools to get
J_

Re: Garden Log

Post by J_ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:00 am

@Jenny, good to read you change to more "good life" than always toiling!
And for privacy: you can perhaps leave the (long ?) border with your neighbor as it is and only make some shrubs around your favorite sitting area. In our little garden we have one tactical placed beautiful evergreen shrub. So that we can be naked kissed by the sun without being seen.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:18 pm

I'll have to think about whether I can add privacy around the areas where we sit instead of trying to add privacy to the whole yard. I don't know if I'd risk sunbathing in the nude though ... my dog likes to jump the fence and I wouldn't want to have to go chasing after him in my birthday suit. I'm sure my neighbors would agree. ;)

Maybe a combination of something like the sunflowers along the fence and some strategic shrubbery will work.

George the original one

Post by George the original one » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:50 pm

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:59 am
Did you trap any wireworms?
2 weeks after the last post regarding wireworms... YES many trapped! I should be planting potatoes this week, so I started pulling up the traps again and most of them had a dozen swarming the bait. Now I'm thinking of delaying potato season until applying beneficial nematodes.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:23 pm

@GTOO:

Cool. The weather here has continued terrible with ice storms this past week. Fingers-crossed, I will finally be able to get the party started at both project sites this weekend. Amish shed build up north, and cool crop transplants in urban garden.