ERE and Aesthetics

Favorite quotations, etc.
J_

Post by J_ »

I have a simple watch, which I can also read without my spectacles. On its front is written in small letters: DANISH DESIGN. It is functional, simple, well proportioned: short for beautiful (Jacob is also kind of “danish design”, also vèry good, but I will ask his DW for a brief description).

The picture is from my little town garden, made yesterday. All credits to my DW for the plants in it, but I added the photovoltaic panel. In the end of this patio garden I have made an artificial tree, cladded with Ivy. Its function is to have a green view, to bloc the view of the bycicle store behind our garden and to support this panel. I have tried to fullfil my wish to do it as aesthetic as possible. Its up to you to what you make of it.
My point is, in everything I do I try to add a beauty quality to it. It enhances my pleasure if I succeed to it. Do you have the same feelings by combining ere and aesthetics?
(PS 1 Thank you Dutch Girl for teaching me how to add a photo)

(PS 2 For the price of two months groceries the panel gives me twenty years a quarter of my need for electricity)

chenda

Post by chenda »

Very nice! I agree on the value of aesthetics. Reminds me of the William Morris quote 'Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful'

C40

Post by C40 »

Very nice. Looks like a good place to relax