Day 18: Join a challenge

Favorite quotations, etc.
gawping

Post by gawping »

Not sure if this has already been done, but I thought a thread suggesting different challenges people can take could be a good idea. A bit of inter-forum competition...
Ideas:

- buy nothing day/week

- no car

- spend less than $X on food/transport/ etc for (duration).

jeremymday

Post by jeremymday »

This is a pretty good idea. I've actually been working on a string of blog posts I have been meaning to tell ERE forum readers about. My challenges include a lot of mental challenges as well as physical challenges.
http://insightwriter.com/2011/08/23/the ... ge-series/

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

I think having various challenges on the Forum would be interesting; if people are interested in participating. You could have a special sub forum for them, one person who is going to take one on will start the thread with the rules and the begin and end dates, and then anyone else who wants to jump in can do so. However, challenges should probably be focused on quick wins, over a day or a week, let's say. If it requires only a monthly update I just don't think it would be that successful. Journals are better for the long term goals people undertake.
I personally would join some kind of Groceries thread. I would start one but my effort is so sporadic in this area my thread would be sort of lame :) Such as, spend less than X per person per month or something along those lines.
Or... you could start a sticky thread for each day of the 21 Day makeover, and anyone taking on that particular topic can post their progress or thoughts on that sticky thread?

Phayen

Post by Phayen »

Liquid, I follow your journal as I feel you've already gone through a lot of the stuff I"m trying to work through now, so don't count yourself short. I'd also be interested in the groceries thread as that's one area I know we can lower but still can't manage it.

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

@Phayen

Wow thanks! It's so encouraging to hear someone read my journal. I suppose I can start a Groceries thread and if it's successful, myself/others can start other threads.