Rossox Journal (From France)

Where are you and where are you going?
Rossox

Re: Rossox Journal (From France)

Post by Rossox » Fri May 18, 2018 3:21 am

I had my new toy 3 days ago... for the moment, ride is good ! Yesterday, i have done 12 km by car to go to work and 15 km by bike... a pleasure ! :) (And the same to come back home)

https://www.decathlon.fr/velo-route-tri ... RoQAvD_BwE

A carpenter came this morning, he'll try to fix my window, but if he can't do it, i have to change everything... and he calculate, for my 2 window, their frames isn't right... that's why they rub when i close them. My craftman did a very bad bad job... i hate it !

wolf

Post by wolf » Fri May 18, 2018 2:21 pm

The bike looks very good and very fast! I would like to buy also such a roadbike. How much does it take you to go 15 km with this bike?

Rossox

Post by Rossox » Fri May 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Thank you :) it takes me approx. 40mn .. Average speed between 20-25km/hour :) sommetimes i'll go from my home to work (25km) by bike :)

wolf

Post by wolf » Sat May 19, 2018 2:28 am

sounds great :-) Keep on riding! Two years ago I sold my car and went car-free. Since then I only go to work by bike from March till December. In January and February I use the public transportation system. The distance to work is also about 15km (one-way). I really like to ride my bike to work. Of course there are also "challenging" days, when it's rainy, windy, or both. But overall, it was a good decision in retrospective.

How is your way to work with your bike? I mean where do you ride thos 15 km? Is it nature, through a city, ...?

Rossox

Re: Rossox Journal (From France

Post by Rossox » Sat May 19, 2018 7:08 am

I love to take my bike to ride the maximum as possible :) when it will raining i'll use my car .. I'm not so brave as you for the moment.. Maybe later :) i ride in a cycle band just next to the lake for 12km ( and without car, so there is only bike and roller !!) and 3 km in the city :) i'll take you a picture soon of my view if you want to ;)
Personally i'll keep my car to travel with, it's a mini van, so i can leave for some days in france when i don't work and sleep in it :)