Transhumanists and Cyborgs

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
denise

Transhumanists and Cyborgs

Post by denise »

Any transhumanists or cyborgs here? I'm a cyborg of 3 years. I have an NFC chip implanted in my left hand. It's only the beginning :D

Just curious if there are others keeping up with the melding of technology and humanity.

Dragline

Re: Transhumanists and Cyborgs

Post by Dragline »

No, but why would you think that human brains resemble computers? The research in the past twenty years indicates that they are completely different technologies that work well together, but are not substitutes for one another.

henrik

Post by henrik »

denise wrote:I have an NFC chip implanted in my left hand.
What do you use it for?

Papers of Indenture

Post by Papers of Indenture »

Nah. Most self styled transhumanists I come across are far too religious for my taste. Seems to be a flavor of Gnosticism.

denise

Post by denise »

Interesting. I'm certainly not religious about it, as I am not prone to religion or fanaticism.

Also, when did I ever say human brains resemble computers, or that one was to substitute the other?

I use my NFC chip to unlock my house door, soon it will open my car door, and start my car. It currently does the latter two of my friend's car. I can also unlock my cellphone with it. Anything an NFC card can do, my chip can do.