Nomadic-ERE Year 5 - Wanderlust Prevails

Where are you and where are you going?
Western Red Cedar

Re: Nomadic-ERE Year 5 - Wanderlust Prevails

Post by Western Red Cedar »

2Birds1Stone wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:07 am
over the last 12 months I have taken 5 MILLION steps.
This sounds like the ideal way to celebrate financial independence and your youth. Hopefully you'll be keeping up the same pace in 30 years! You are at least 1.5 million ahead of me based on my rough calculations :D

Also, props on the good sleep hygiene. That, and hearing about your determination to find a gym anywhere on the road from your wife opened my eyes a bit. I'm definitely not waking up at sunrise everyday, but I've been pretty consistent with lifting over the last two months. Partially inspired by your routine and dedication.
Last edited by Western Red Cedar on Thu May 02, 2024 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

April Update

Celebrated 11 months since leaving paid employment yesterday. Things are going better than I could have imagined, and there's definitely truth to what is being discussed in some of the other recent threads that money is like water after a certain point, you just don't need more or think about it much.

Now, I actually ENJOY crunching the numbers on a monthly basis and tracking our consumption/investments/trajectory, but it's more of a hobby than something that feels like it needs to be done.

With a projected WR of 3% for 2024, it would take a very large market crash or very large unexpected expenses to take my mind to a place of worry.

As of May 1;

NW = 50.0 X Trailing Twelve Month Expenses
WR = 2.00%

@WRC, I've failed to find a gym here in Italy the past 9 days. We were so busy in Rome, walked 60 miles in 96 hours and now in these little historical villages so not even a real park to try to get some pullups in =D
Last edited by 2Birds1Stone on Thu May 02, 2024 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Western Red Cedar

Post by Western Red Cedar »

I think you can call that a well-deserved deload. I suspect you'll probably have things sorted once you are back in Poland. Maybe in the meantime you'll have to settle for some burpees and dips off of fine, Italian leather sofas.

Frugalchicos

Post by Frugalchicos »

Hey, great catching up with your journal!

Very nice seeing you are enjoying your life being active, seeing the world, enjoying good food and hitting the gym!!

All the best and good luck in your life of freedom 😃