cjm's Journal - ERE in the UK

Where are you and where are you going?
cjm

Re: cjm's Journal - ERE in the UK

Post by cjm » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:06 am

Noedig wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:12 pm
cjm - you still with us man? What happened to the bike tour, I would like to hear. Cheers!
Hey Noedig, I'm still here, although it's been almost a year since visiting ERE, and I had almost forgotten about this journal. How time flies when you're busy!

I didn't go bike touring as such in the end. Instead, I went for quite a few 15-25 mile rides around the surrounding countryside and did some work helping to renovate a house and garden last spring, for about three months after finishing my previous job. I was then offered a full time role as maternity cover by a family friend, and I've been busy grafting away there ever since.

Thanks for the nudge, I'll try to write a full update in the next few days.

Did

Post by Did » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:54 am

I can vouch for the frozen banana ice cream. It's unbelievably good. Peel them before freezing and put them in bags.

To OP, you sound like you're in a fabulous position! Tough as it is, we all pretty much go through heartbreak in our 20s and sometimes beyond. Best advice is to get back on the bike(s), so to speak. Quickly and generously.

Your financial position is a thing of envy for your age. Well done.

Any chance you could get some sort of happy side gig/business going? Work half time and enjoy your youth the other half. See bike advice. I'm 42. 20s seem like a blur. If I had a time machine, I don't think I'd work hard for ERE, that's for fucking sure. Go to Australia for a couple of years and soak it up my friend. Life that is.

Noedig

Post by Noedig » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 pm

That frozen banana stuff sounds freaking awesome, I will try that.

"Go to Australia for a couple of years and soak it up my friend" Got to admit, wish I'd done that, I look back over the decades of slog and a bright couple of years of Oz would be a nice thing to recall, particularly if I could paste it right over one particular two year crap job that paid plenty but cost me self-respect and stress.