Where are you and where are you going?
singvestor

Monthly update #37: July 2018

Post by singvestor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 am

Let's start with the positive news first:
Monthly goal review:

- 22 days no alcohol: achieved – 22 days
- 14 times sports: achieved: 14 times

I felt so much better at the end of the month...

Overall I ate quite clean, except the occasional moments of weakness in which I ate some of my beloved Belgian fries or indulged in some of the tasty beers of my new homeland.

ERE Scorecard July

Saving rate was 44% for July, year-to-date saving rate is 60%.

Portfolio update

In July my portfolio increased by SGD 9,346 or 3.1% to SGD 314,706 (USD 230,700). Fresh investments of SGD 5,730 and gains of SGD 3,616 made up for this increase.

Investments vs. plan

I invested SGD 5,730 into my portfolio which was a lot less than planned (SGD 8,000).

Fortunately, I am still ahead of the plan, thanks to a good performance in previous months.

New excitement: Founding my own company

The reason for failing the investment goal is my new company.

I had an idea for a small business and have been working on the plan very intensively the last six weeks or so. Every single free moment has been spent on it, weekends, evenings etc.

It is frightening, exciting and exhausting all at the same time. The business will cost approximately USD 7,000 to set up, I hope to pay for this and still maintain the investment plan of

SGD 100,000 for this year.

Dividends received

SGD 2,198 - it was a bumper crop of dividends this month.

Hypothetical monthly income (4% WR)

[bSGD 1,049[/b] - slow progress.

Outlook

August is a very exhausting month with plenty of business and other trips and high pressure at work. I am quite exhausted. Goal: finish company setup to prepare launch for October 1. 12 times sport, 20 times no alcohol. Looks challenging on the sport side, but I have to step up my efforts!

BRUTE

Re: Singvestor's awakening

Post by BRUTE » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 am

a company? how exciting. can Singvestor talk a little bit about what he's planning to do with the company?

singvestor

Post by singvestor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:46 am

Thanks Brute! A bit hard to explain without doxing myself, as there are only 3–4 companies in the world offering a similar product. It is a specific service that helps companies solve a specific problem.

My company only offers two standardized products which combine my experience with two, three external suppliers into the final product. A lot of it is automated, so I do not have to do much operational work.

Yearly profit could be anywhere from –3000 to 120,000 EUR, I would consider it a success if it could be over EUR 1,000 a month. Launch is now planned for October 1, if all works out with the bureaucracy.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:45 pm

good luck!