Under the Yoke

Where are you and where are you going?
Sabaka

Re: Under the Yoke

Post by Sabaka »

fiby41 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:52 pm
I think it is because my mother knows Russian and I get some of it free at home.
As good as any other reason!

fiby41

Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ। govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi।।

Post by fiby41 »

Dharma

Air pistol and air rifle month long training complete. Certificate will be useful when applying for license to bear arms.

Russian
Gave Spoken Tutorial Exam.
A1 & A2 language levels complete.
My facebook page Hindu Russia crossed 1k likes & followers:
https://www.facebook.com/HinduRuss/?sk=photos

Gave semester examination

Artha

Currency speculation with the help of script 1: history
Currency speculation with the help of script 2: trade
Mutual funds 1 and 2
Mutual funds 3, 4 &5
Virtual currencies

See full album

Kaama

Thou shall not covet your neighbour. What if she is single? And what if she likes you too?

My childhood sweetheart moved next-door 2 years ago. I have been trying my best the prevent the relation we have from descending into neighbourhood, 'just friends'hip, or filial piety (brotherhood) by maintaining tention and surprisingly she's cooperating.

Apart from her I have not much contact with any girl which is dangerous in case she hurts me. But this is also the reason why I must cultivate this relation-- to build my confidence up so I can approach and make friends with other girls.

She has one friend in college and one of her school friends with whom she pretty much does anything- dinners, movies, bike, car rides,... But they publicly deny being in a relationship.

They'll be here until her mother retires in 5 to 7 years. My goal is to get her to the point where, if I propose, she'll say yes, by the time of their last year here. Currently we see each other on Tuesdays.

I'll waste extra time to be romantically involved with atleast one girl in college, classes just in case.

If she says no, she'll be out of my life anyway. I'll live another 5 years until my father retires. Then if I have a job in the city and cannot commute from where my parents move, I'll take shelter under the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord of all the manifest and unmanifest universes, Śrī
Kṛṣṇa by moving in The Temple.

Moksha

I have been listening to the Bhagavad-gītā in orignal since February. The word gītā means song so it is indeed meant to be sung hence its metric rhyme scheme substitutes my music needs. Serendipity effects unintended sideeffect have been memorising some of the 700 verses.

The wall plaster had been falling where I sleep giving me breathing irritation. The cement had to be replaced for quite some time. I had resolved the build relation with the girl next door and the temple so that when the impending renovation takes place, I'll have shelter.

I've been attending Śrīmad Bhāgavatam lecture on Saturdays hearing Kṛṣṇa-kathā (historic narration) and Bhagavad-gītā on Thursdays (philosophical discussion) and participating in the open-ended conversations.

The Supreme Controller is so kind-- The day the public works department scheduled the renovation was Ekādaśī and previous Thursday lecture I was invited to spend the weekend overnight in the temple for the Ekādaśī!

Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ
govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi

I worship Govinda Kṛṣṇa, the Primeval Lord, the first progenitor,
He is always being served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousand Goddesses of Fortune, Lakṣmī, each incharge of Her particular universe.

Brahma-Saṁhitā (5.29)

fiby41

Swimming in that Egyptian river- In Denial

Post by fiby41 »

Artha

Virtual currencies:

Stock market mutual funds:

Currency trading:

fiby41

When I was with you all I felt was this: Helplessness, imprisoned. I fell for this so many times it's ridiculous

Post by fiby41 »

Mutual funds: ₹2.6L
Crypto: ₹5k
Cash: ₹35176.25

Bought headphones: - ₹1700

8.33% of goal reached.

Girl next door went to other city for masters. So glad that I maintained safe distance and did not get overly attached. Dodged a silver bullet or golden handcuffs. She has a single parent only and she is of the type to guilt trip you into feeling bad if she doesn't get what she wants from you. She would have used me only to alleviate boredom if I'd have let her. Reading the recommended book in the other thread Games People Play explains a lot. Now reading Art of Seduction. Main reason for buying those headphones are those noisy neighbours.

frihet

Re: Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ। govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi।।

Post by frihet »

fiby41 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:37 pm

b]Moksha[/b]

I have been listening to the Bhagavad-gītā in orignal since February. The word gītā means song so it is indeed meant to be sung hence its metric rhyme scheme substitutes my music needs. Serendipity effects unintended sideeffect have been memorising some of the 700 verses.

T
Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ
govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi

I worship Govinda Kṛṣṇa, the Primeval Lord, the first progenitor,
He is always being served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousand Goddesses of Fortune, Lakṣmī, each incharge of Her particular universe.

Brahma-Saṁhitā (5.29)
Beautiful bhajan, dancing in my heart chakra, needed some soul-soothing, thank you!

I have also studied the Gita but in english translation. I especially like chapter 7-11, they expand me along with the talks I've been following.

http://www.satshree.org/teachings/gita- ... dy-videos/

Verse 360.
The seekers who steadfastly worship Me without thinking anything else, I secure for them whatever they need and protect what they already have

fiby41

Re: Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ। govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi।।

Post by fiby41 »

frihet wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 am
I have also studied the Gita but in english translation. I especially like chapter 7-11, they expand me along with the talks I've been following.
Gītā is compared to a sandwich in an analogy. The first and last 6 chapters are like the bread which cover nyāna-yoga and karma-yoga are important while the central 6 chapters dealing with bhakti-yoga are the most relishable.

frihet

Post by frihet »

fiby41 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:42 am
relishable.
Relishable, Truly, I like how that word rolls on the tongue.

The sandwich analogy is similar to how Sat Shree teaches the Gita. 1-6 is as you say the foundation and he then speaks of three different flavors of realization in chapter 7-15: Transcended Truth - to realize the Brahman, To realize the God principle and the to bring those two into manifestation into the world as the Supreme Being = Truth/God in human form on earth. 16-18 are reminders so that manifestation doesn't go astray.

Are you a member of the ISKCON movement? They probably teach it differently?

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

frihet wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:47 am
Are you a member of the ISKCON movement?
They do have a life membership program. It's worth considering if you have global traveling (affordable guest houses) or simple living off the land (eco-villages and farm communities) in your ERE plan.

Those are the material benefits. On a more subtle/spiritual level, they provide a great way of structuring time, even at home, with mantra-meditation and reading material.
frihet wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:47 am
They probably teach it differently?
God is the Supreme Person.

fiby41

Don't inhabit a country where you're'nt respected, cant earn your livelihood, have no friends, or can't aquire knowledge

Post by fiby41 »

Money owed to me, by whom, with the time/duration I cannot touch it for (they owe me until):

81k, 2 MFs, this is the amount which was invested more than 500 days ago and currently in profit, can withdraw

180k, 11 MFs, either less than a year old or in negative

50k, cooperative bank, 2020

50k, cooperative bank, 2024

35k, cooperative bank, can touch/liquid

3k, state bank, can touch

26k, state bank, 2031 after 35

3,420, guarantor govt, after 60

After adding pocket change in 2 bank accounts and crypto it comes up to 3 years 8 months 1 day 4 hours and 48 minutes of living expenses (440k)

Got food, clothing, shelter covered until 2030 which is around until when my father can continue on his post.

My Facebook page crossed 10k likes.

Rules:

Save up 12.5k and deposit it each time in Public provident fund (maturity 2031).

There was a post that said to go on a binge shopping so that you can get it out of your system, find out first hand that it is not worth it before whole heatedly adopting the FIRE lifestyle. I may have ended up doing the same with investing.

No more stock market positions (either through mutual funds, or securities) unless I've maxed out that year's PPF limit (150k) and my then return on currently owned funds matches or exceeds whatever interest is going on the PPF (8%)

If I'm tempted: (note to self) No gambling is 1 of the 4 regulative principles prescribed to me.

Get Rich Slowly: if I'm able to/ I had max/ed out 150k every year for the total 15 years (I'm 3 years in);
Final Maturity Amount is 42,48,288;
At the current interest rate of 7.6 %;
Which is over & above my FI target of 36,00,k;
But interest rates can go down and cost of living increase further.

Chanting: Power of compound interest

Set it and forgot it (if it works): so I can get myself into bigger problems & more interesting things to do than retirement planning and lifestyle design.
Last edited by fiby41 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fiby41

नारायणं नमस्कृत्य नरं चैव नरॊत्तमम| देवीं सरस्वतीं चैव ततॊ जयम उदीरयेत ||

Post by fiby41 »

3 months ago, I went for a week to the number 2 place to be in 2019 according to NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... visit.html
It cost 60 dollars, all included.

I remember going through that article on the blog dissing travel, and ticking the reasons I had in mind as they were mentioned.
My attitude towards travel has changed 180 degree since joining this forum.
Reasons could be:
-finding out firsthand that it is possible to do so affordably
-With parents it was hours of doing nothing (resting) followed by franatic sightseeing. Very stressful
-I have more time now
- Understanding yatra/pilgrimage to be religious tourism.

I've observed some senior citizens. Elderly people seem to live an almost identical sedentary, secluded life. Most miserable are those whose all friends die up before they do. I've decided that's not how I'd like to end up.

Besides that's not what the Vedic culture recommends. One should take Sannyās (retirement) after all house hold duties are fullfilled, discharged. Without becoming a dependent on children. Preaching Dharma in alien climes.

I'd like to be posted in a Russian speaking country. After taking Sannyās. It'd be better that before I go, I have under my belt a repreitore of Dharmic books in Russian language translated.

I'd imagine having irregular, seasonal employment. Taking occassional interpretation gigs and translation assignments. Spending the remaining time translating books.

I'm preparing to do post graduation in Russia to get used to the climate, besides the education is affordable and better that European countries in the price range.

On Thursdays I attended Bhagavad-gītā discussion. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6084&start=60#p169151
I walk 40 mins from the station to temple. It is tapa (austerity), exercise, kills time as the discussion starts at 8 pm, and creates appetite. I take the bus back home as I'm so full of the tasty food that I can barely walk the same distance plus it's late, usually after 10 pm.
Today is the third day the bus employees were on strike. So I didn't go and instead wrote this.

The title of past post is a sutra, aphorism by the mentor to the emperor who consolidated my country into a single political entity, after a long time, immediately after Alexander was prevented from entering it.

fiby41

My headspace is limited, there's no room even at the back of my mind pt2

Post by fiby41 »

Enroute to Russia. Budgeting for Moscow,
  1. Ticket 19,000 rupees
    There were tickets via gulf starting from 20k and duration 11 hrs. But they didn't have free meals included, 25kg baggage, 10 kg headspace, 16 hours duration, 2 halts via Kazakhstan.

2. Tution 25,000 roubles per month
    Medium of instruction is Russian. Would have had to wait until September to see if I could get a scholarship.

3. Hostel 10,000 roubles per month
    The institute hostel was full by the time I applied. Found place in a nearby hostel at 20 minutes walk. I'm guessing the institute prioritises those studying longer course to maximize occupancy rate.

4. Food 5,000 roubles per month
    I have experience cooking but only simple foodstuffs. I think there's a journal entry of it. I cooked twice, for a week each time, when once mother went to Russia and when she was admitted in the hospital.
Total expenses 40,000 roubles per month.

Artha

Current plan data costs ₹76 after discount coupons for 50 days of 2GB/day. I'll be in Russia when the plan expires. Data consumption for the past 30 day period is 43GB.
Previous three months before that: ₹345

October 2018 6GB
November 18 14GB
December 18 17GB
January 19 35GB

It's mostly the Mahābhārata series with Russian dubbing. Each episode is about 20 minutes and ~800MB.

Over there, there will be WiFi in the institute and hostel.

I had made a Duolingo account 6 years back to learn a language that, a girl I liked was learning a few words of, to speak with her boy best friend, who studied that language. That girl eventually became my neighbour, but how stupid was I?

I resumed again for 2 days when exams were approaching, after I was reminded of it on the forum here, and dropped it only to pick it up again this weekend.

Compete with me on Duolingo

fiby41 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:50 am
3. Books read:
  1. Sapiens: A brief history of humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
  2. Survival+ Section One by Charles Hugh Smith
  3. The Limits to Growth by Donella H. Meadows et al.
There was a time when I used to actually finish a book and not just get it to keep :'(
fiby41 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:30 am
I did go back but for other books.

The Limits to Growth by Meadows

This book is in the ERE reading list which is at the back of the ERE book. Read it back in 2015 after 12th during vacation. Found a mention of it in a journal entry:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10348

The title of past post reads:

Having bowed down unto Nara-Nārāyaṇa [Kṛṣṇa], the most exalted of personalities, and also to the goddess of learning, Sarasvatī, must the word Jaya be uttered!

That is how each one of the eighteen books that make up the Mahābhārata start.

Go here for My headspace is limited, there's no room even at the back of my mind pt1: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6084&start=20#p130327

fiby41

From Russia with Love

Post by fiby41 »

fiby41 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:48 am
Also, both belong to the Indo-European Language Family but not sure how that helps
It helps.

Saw snow for the first time! It took 40 minutes walking, one way, between hostel and institute. It took me more time when I went looking for hostels nearer to the institute. I arrived on the 1st of Feb, and although the space I currently have in the institute's hostel was vacated since 29th Jan, I came to know of it only last week. I've come to expect it of govt undertakings.

Bat the previous place, I paid 3000rub for 10 days, to buy me time to find a place nearby. On the 10th day I paid 4500rub until the month end, and on the 11th day the institute hostel's warden informed that there's a place vacant alongside 4 Chinese students on the 13th floor.

The previous landlord was hesitant to return the money:
Here are all the excuses he made up:
-I don't have any money, cash at hand
-The money paid to us immediately goes for housekeeping
- I will be on the street of the institute on the following Friday for doing Visa registrations with the police, and will arrange a meeting with you then. *

My side was, as per your daily charges, deduct the amount for the days I've stayed and return the rest, before I leave.

Got back 4000rub after 2 phone calls and three interactions. Vacated immediately the same evening. The 40 minute walk took almost over an hour with luggage.

* I'd been to this place while searching for hostel opposite to it. There were a lot of people on work visa from the post Soviet countries in the previous hostel. Russian was not their first language. The landlord also said mine was a student visa so registrations were no problem. While preparing dinner and breakfast in the common kitchen we would strike conversation.

One day I heard Hindi songs in my room. Went out, and met this person from Kyrgyzstan who was staying there along with his brother. He wanted to learn Hindi. He'd studied it for 3 months in school and watched movies and listened to songs in Hindi all the time. I explained the lyrics to a song to him. He offered we help each other. I'd teach him Hindi and he'd correct my Russian.

The person in the double bed below me was a driver. I met him the night I arrived. The second and the last time was when he came to pack his bags a week later. I'd bought my first consumer item by then -. A tetra pack of milk (50rub). He said he was tired so I offered him a glass of it. While leaving he left the things/trash and said it is for me/ I could have it. My treasure/inheritance:

Ceramic bowl with a layer of dust, tiffin with oil, steel spoon, plastic cup, an unopened can of salt, sugar cubes pack, soap case, charger socket that fits here, cleaning sponge.

I took everything expect the soap and that greasy coffee cup although I have no cup with a handle. The other things I packed figuring there will be plenty of space in the new hostel. I've cleaned everything ^ but not been able to bring myself about to use it yet.

^ except the spoon, my only metal utensil, which is tucked in tissues.

Mikhail offered me slices of ginger twice.
Nikolai offered me a bowl of buckwheat preparation and half a bun bread. Once he offered me soup but I had to refuse as I had already eaten my dinner and went to sleep 5-10 minutes later.

I've been cooking lentil rice in a 1.5L pressure cooker. I pour double water if I want lentil rice soup. Two ingredients have been staple until now - salt and turmeric. Rest I rotate between cheese, egg, oil, pickles. Yesterday I tried roommates soy sauce and oil.

Finances:

13,200rub Nikita exchanged worth USD200 for me. Gave him 800usd equivalent that his father sent for him
+1,500rub
+3,000rub withdrawn from ATM
=17,700

-800 ice skating
-250 troika public transport card with 200 balance
-200 SIM card
-3500 rent at first hostel
-12079 rent until 31.03.2019, daily 257
(Plus electricity and water 2.6k separate, included)
-50 milk
-70 hot dog
Lentils, rice, 900mg each, 5 oranges, cheese and yoghurt, pack of biscuits, baton of bread, 1.5L milk. Bought a card for 10 that gives discounts and let's me monitor my spending online.

=193rub, lowest close of the month

+6550 exchanged by Ekaterina. She also gave me eatables that cost 154, 144 and 144
-295 at canteen, for two slices of fried boneless fish, tasteless macaroni, cup of black tea and hard to chew salad.

6448rub spendable cash at hand at the time of writing.

530 (=400+130) in USD.

This institute is a Chinese colony at these point. Other students who are paying to be here, as opposed to scholarship, and not in the hostel:
1 are either working
2 have relatives, gf/bf in the city

Chinese students are the highest in number here because:
1. 10 RUB = 1 RMB
2. Chinese government gives spending allowances

Students from Italy, Scandinavia have to go back and return to renew their visas.

fiby41

Cost of existing

Post by fiby41 »

558rub lasted ten days, 16.02.19 to 26.02.19, covering food, with a surplus of 2 eggs.

On 26.02.19 procured: Operations history, February 26, 2019, 19:04

Code: Select all

MIST.Rice AMBER Ave.d / c 900g 1
Baton Cut in / with rifle. 400g 1 
Bread 28.99
A-A Krupa EXTRA EL.HRECHN.900g 1
Wheat 39.88
ZOL.SEMEChKA Oil salted 1
Split peas 900g 2
Lentils 55.79
& .AMP. Cheese of melted milk. 50% 200g 1
OPOLA Kefir 1% 930g 1
Buttermilk 41.88
Bananas face. 1 kg 0.88kg 
OKSKY Egg table.1kat.30sht1 
30 eggs 226.91
MOS.PRMayon.DOMASH.55% 390ml 1
Mayonnaise 47.88
SEL.ZEL.Mol.3.2% PET 2kg 1 
Milk 119.85
PROSTOKVASHINO Cottage cheese 2% 220g 1
Apples RED fas.1kg 1.5 
CROSSROADS Package bag 65x40cm 1
TEND.Ris kr / grain 900g 2
Rice 85.76
Baton with bran in the pack. 300g 1
Bread 27.9
Delicious yog.pit.klyuk.1.5% t / t 750g 1
Yogurt 69.87
Total:
1210 rubles
+ 257 points

Gave the discount card I bought last time after the bill was prepared so the commutative discount will have to be claimed next time. Tried twice but the travel card didn't checkout. Had to pay in cash. Under standard temperature pressure it should cover for a month of food expenses. Hauled everything back in a backpack and plastic carry bag (6.5rub)

Total expenditure for February was:

Food 1818 rubles
1st visit to market Milk 50 rub
+ February 26 19:04 "Crossroads" Buying at the Crossroads 1210 rubles
+February 16 17:48 558 rubles
Rent 7612 rubles (electricity, water extra, not included)
Frivolous 876 rubles

Total cost of living in Moscow in the month of February 2019 was 10,306 rubles.

Tomorrow I will be going out to a classmates house for dinner with a girl..

wolf

Post by wolf »

How is life in Moscow/Russia?
Good luck at the dinner with the girl.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

wolf wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:08 am
How is life in Moscow/Russia?
Walking: It's so much easier walking for longer distances when one is not sweating. I don't like how widespread smoking (on the road, while walking) is. Right of pass: pedestrians have it before vehicles. Cars and even buses wait for you to cross the road, where there are no signals, even if you are still on the side walk. I used to feel so awkward for making so many people wait that I'd stop before reaching the crossing and proceed when there was no cars in sight.

Moscow is the only Russian city I've lived in so I have no point of reference. A professor gave the analogy of beer. She said Moscow is like the foam that forms at the top when the beverage is poured. It is momentary, constantly in a state of flux. People in Moscow are like that. They come and stay from different parts of Russia, get along with whatever they came to do, and return. She liked Petersburg better but the prospect of not seeing the sun for months doesn't appeal to me.

People who are also here from other countries seem to find it difficult to pigeon hole me onto a map. Twice I've been greated in a language I didn't understand and more times straight up been asked wherefrom you? (Otkuda ti?)

Social etiquette: Handshakes are mandatory and it doesn't matter if your hand is cold, wet, gloved, or was in salt/spices earlier, or if you're carrying luggage for that matter. When a Russian asks how are you or how your day was they genuinely want to know. A brief of your day with the good, bad or ugly highlights is appreciated. More specific questions like how's your mood may also follow.

PDA: Coolest was a couple making out on ice skates.

Language & culture: The sheer amount of words that I come across daily which are uncorrupted from Sanskrit is mind boggling. Same elements: Number system, words for fire, tea, sugar, some verbs of motion, fast,... Are exactly the same. Inflection in case system and use of prefixes.

The upcoming festival of Maslennicha is exactly same as Holi. Same elements: the fasting, welcoming spring, building a larger that life strawman and then burning it down, tasty flatbread preparations full of calories,...

The nonexistance of English in this part of the world is a reminder of how much my mind in colonised and how intricately language and culture are intertwined.
wolf wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:08 am
Good luck at the dinner with the girl.
Thank you so much! She insists on going by taxi. :?

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Missed out on cashing in on the previous accumulated discount by 3rub. Next time will take the calculator with me. Should get discount around 50rubles.

March 20, 2019, 18:27

Code: Select all

Product | Weight | Quantity । Price

Breads:
Baton Cut in / with rifle. । 400g । 2 । 57.96
Baton with bran in the pack. 300g । 1  । 27.88
Bread FRAGRANT 2 grade in unitary enterprise. । 400g । 1 । 42.86

Grains:
TEND.Krupa rice grind propar.900g । 1 । 59.85
A-A Dark red beans 450g । 1 । 118.9
TEND.Krupa GREEn beans KNE.nice 900g । 1। 25.18
Lentils HUDV.Gorokh EX.shlif.kol.zel800g । 1 । 53.85
Split peas 900g । 1  । 27.88

Fruits:
Apples MIX package । 1kg 1.5 । 95.77

Dairy:
Milk SEL.ZEL.Mol.3.2% PET 2kg । 1 । 144.85
MILK. TSARS. Kefir 3,2% f / p 900g । 1 । 49.86
Cheeses:
PRES.Cheese CREAMY square 40% 150g । 1 । 74.84
PRES.Cheese Mozarella PL.45% 150g । 1 । 74.84
Mayonnaise:
ASTOR.Sauce SLIV-SCELNO.42% 233g । 1 । 39.87
TM ASTORIA Sauce RAW Mayonnaise 233g । 1 । 39.87
Yogurts:
FRUGURT Yoghurt CHERRY 2.5% 250g । 1 । 32.87
DAN.Pr.tv.chernika । 130g । 1 । 29.87

Total:
997 + 199 points
100rub spent on a double hotdog.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

fiby41 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:52 am
Thank you so much! She insists on going by taxi. :?
Split the taxi fare 300
Food 800

It was hostel friends birthday last month. I was sent to procure groceries for preparation. It cost 630. But due to mis assignment which caused duplication (someone else also bought similar items.) I was to be reimbursed for 300. Minus 215 contribution a person each for the celebration. Was returned 85 day before yesterday.

Last week city seeing:
48*2 public transport
Food 234

1600 visa renewal

6000 base rent
1710 electricity and warm water

140 on shwarma (fast-food). The employee at the takeout was from a CIS country and we were engrossed in conversation. He showed me a photo of his Indian friend. I told him about my friends in the previous hostel from his country who would listen Hindi songs and I'd try translating it in to Russian. We discussed films, actors,...
Got a slice of pizza for free. He either intentionally put it in my bag or absent mindedly. The person after me had asked for a slice of pizza.

Fixed: 7710
Variable: 3715
Total: 11425

Tomorrow going out city seeing. Have to buy groceries. Have almost ran out of them.

Sunday in day Lord Ram took avatar.

Next Thursday birthday of classmate and she insists going to a bar.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Stock market 271k (+5k)
Cryptocurrency 17k (-8k)

College fees 113k
in account #1 123k

Account #2 balance 1.87164k
Withdrawn to APY 6.612k across 29 installments of 228 each

Account #3 balance 3.278k
PPF 47.9k @7.9%pa

Two fixed deposits of 50k each and 100k for forex.

Saved 660.66164k
18% of goal reached.

Russian Expenses

Classes 110k
Shelter 40k
Card 46k
Cash 20.2k
Plane tickets 40k
Total expenses in Russia 256.2k

All figures are in Indian Rupees.

fiby41

Methods for guaging financial self sufficiency

Post by fiby41 »

Different methods of guaging financial self-sufficiency have been employed in this journal. They have been
Total savings

How long can I afford to live:
Static reserve index: number of months worth of expenses saved at a constant rate of future monthly expenditure
Dynamic reserve index: number of months worth of expenses saved at current months expenditure level
Percentage of savings goal reached

Withdrawal rate.

I'll start using another metric also from now
fiby41 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:32 am
Subscribed to the Atal Pension Yojana APY. Monthly premium of ₹228 until 60 after which ₹5000 fixed monthly payout. At 0% inflation, this will cover 50% of living expenses after 60. At 8%, only 5% will be covered.
Assumptions are 0% inflation but I'll work until 60. 10k /month is my static reserve index, minus APY which is 5k leaves me with another 5k to cover for. Dividing this total savings by this 5k gives life expectancy after 60.
fiby41 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:50 am
I want to fiby41 with life expectancy of the average life expectancy in my country which is 71.
Dividing previous month's total savings by 5k gives 11 years of life expectancy. By this definition, I'm FI now if no children, marriage, inheritance or taking care of parents, with life expectancy of 71.
If I'm shooting for the life expectancy of 100, which all the scriptures glorify, 27.5% of goal reached.

--
When I started out on this journey, all the fixed interest returns were under inflation and equity markets were above inflation. Oh, how the tables have turned. Provident fund is giving 7.9% risk free return and markets are tanking underwater. My last mutual fund purchase will be a year old in a week and I'd get rid of the 1% exit load. Catch of the provident fund is I won't be able to touch the amount until 2031 or take a loan on it until 2024. Also the finance ministry can continue lowering interest every quarter until it's under inflation. Pro is the whole ordeal is tax exempt and insured by the government of India. Inflation has been between 3 to 4% and the authority is trying to keep it under 4%, but I doubt they have any real say in it. Provident fund seems great for fast-FIRE in my country but not so much if your whole purpose of doing this ERE thing is to keep options open.

--
To make the maximum provident fund contribution of 12.5k a month, I need a job. First priority is this. As and when the stocks go up in price more than 8% (4% inflation+ 4% SWR) I'll start selling 12.5k a months and putting that money in to provident fund. If I get a job, I'll pay myself first by transfering 12.5k to provident fund first thing on payday, then expenses and then whatever is left into the stock market.

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

Why would you work until 60? Aren't you in your early 20's with already good money habits and on the way to graduate with in demand skills/career?