Where are you and where are you going?
fiby41

Under the Yoke for October 2023

Post by fiby41 »

fiby41 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:38 am
Divination for October 2023:

Savings rate will be 88.96%
Salary will contribute 82.96% towards total income.
Assets Under Management will rise by 3.83%
If I spend like I will spend in October, saving will last for 28 years 9 months 24 days 8 hours 38 minutes and 24 seconds until July 2052.
If I spend like I will spend in October, the amount saved up in that month will last until June 2024.
Savings rate in October 2023 was 91.19%
Salary was 61.49% of total income.
Assets Under Management rose by 5.28%
Nominally, expenses nearly tripled from that of September 2023.
If I spend like I spent in October, saving will last until November 2051.
If I spend like I spent in October, the amount saved up in this month will last until August 2024.

Secondary income was using a combination of optical character recognition and machine translation to prepare marksheets, certtificates and passport copies quickly in Russian for a few dozen students enrolling there. Such opportunities are highly unlikely to reoccur until the admission season next year.

fiby41

Re: Under the Yoke

Post by fiby41 »

Loan disbursement amounting to 1/7 th of assets will happen in a few days.
Equated monthly installments will constitute 19.37% of current monthly salary.
Various ways to account for it. I have added the disbursement amount and subtracted the total payment (principal+interest) from the AUMॐ which brings down the ॐ by ~5%. Interest rate is 16% p.a. and tenure is 4 years.
I won't swing until I see a fat pitch with a spread of atleast 2.7% going up to 5.55%.

fiby41

You've this life so live it well, take out a loan but drink ghee, once the body is burnt to ashes, there is no re-entry

Post by fiby41 »

Loan:

Divided the amount taken out on loan into three equal parts and invested them into:

1. Dematerialized senior debentures of a private limited company with monthly coupon payments and 24 months tenure secured by pass through rights to the underlying land of 24 acres it is developing 1 km from a toll plaza. Spread: 8%

2. Becoming a limited partner in a limited liability partnership engaged in the activity of trading fruits and vegetables wholesale to university messes for daily meal preparation. Spread: 3.2%

3. Becoming a limited partner in a limited liabilty partnership constructing a warehouse for storage to be leased to company in the automotive parts manufacturing industry. Spread: 2% but the tenure matches the loan tenure exactly at 48 months in case I am not able to find a suitable investment after retiring from 2, I could prepay upto 25% of the loan amount after 12 months.

There is concentration risk as all three are in the same state.
There is fraud risk as that state is far away from the state I live in.
There is liquidity risk as I have to give a notice of 2 weeks to 2 months before retiring prematurely from the LLPs.
There is business risk as the store on the highway might not be profitable, the suppying fresh foodstuffs to college canteens might get stale by the time it reaches the chefs and we may not be able to make a profit resupplying at wholesale rates, the automotive industry might take a nosedive and our warehouse will stay tenantless.
There is no interest rate risk as the interest rate on my loan is fixed and monthly reducing with an option to prepay twice after 12 month intervals each.
There is no key man risk as the business model stands on its own without a charismatic promoter.

Income from 1 is taxed at my prevalent tax rate which is nil but will be 5% in the year to come.
Income from 2 and 3 is taxed at the level of the LLP so it is tax free in the hands of the partner to prevent double taxation.

fiby41

Under the Yoke for November 2023

Post by fiby41 »

November 2023 was the most expensive month on record so it deserves going into the 91 line items of transactions:
Operating expenses were food at 19.5% and transportation at 15.09% of total expenses.
Remaining were financing expenses and charity.

Savings rate was 82.64% with 28 month rolling average at 88.74%
Savings growth was 5.33%
Expenses rose by 70% whereas income fell to 92.32% of October 2023.
Operating income (salary) was 66.6% of total income, the remaining being investing income.
Savings will last until November 2037 if I spend like I spent in November 2023.
Nearly one fifth of personal equity (assets minus liabilities) is currently liquid which will rise to one fourth by 9th December before being deployed for ~6 months.

Did not get refunded the tax deducted at source (TDS) back from the Income Tax Department although they did not demand more or dispute it.
Appeared for the CAT (common admission test) exam.

Finding tenants for dad's property is a hassle. It has most appeal as a weekend getaway due to proximity to the beach. Two reservations from booking website were duds- one cancelled and the other was a no show. Trying to get the word out by pitching office peeps and gym buffs free stay as loss leaders. Office peeps chickened out after booking this weekend citing the distance while gym folks couldn't be more exited for mid-December.

Diabetes possibly approaching from both sides of family so getting tested at every free opportunity I get: RBS 159, 90 and 111.

fiby41

Under the Yoke for December 2023

Post by fiby41 »

Income in December was 15.52% more than the income in November making it the month with the highest income on record with a margin of 6.66% over the month with the second highest income which was October 2023.

Income from operating activity contributed 57.65% towards total income
Rental Income contributed 24.62% towards total income
Investment income constituted 17.73% of total income.

Savings rate was 95.35%.
Food was the single highest expense at 59.28%, followed closely by conveyance expense at 32.79%. Two expenses recurring at 9 months and 12 months respectively was boot polish and the Krishna book for secret santa.

Cash flow from financing activity was -11.17% of total income.
Factoring it in as an expense reduces savings rate to 84.18% as expense raises to 15.82% of income.
Cash flow from financing will take about 23 months to turn positive.

fiby41

Under the Yoke for January 2023

Post by fiby41 »

Savings rate was 38.09%
Expense rate was 61.91%
Aggregate income fell to a third less than that of the previous month
whereas aggregate expense rose to 6 times than that of the previous month.
Aggregate savings rose by a paltry 1.82%

Phone died leading to a replacement cost. Capital expenditure to be depreciated over a period of next 6 years using the straight line method for simplicity.
Single largest expense amounting to 54.62% of this month's expenses or 33.82% of this month's income.
Second largest expense was financing expense in the form of loan EMI comprising 26.07% of expense or 16.14% of income.
Third largest expense was transport at 11.22% of this month's aggregate expenses or 6.94% of this month's aggregate income.
Last major expense was food costing 6.11% of expense or 3.78% of income.
Grouped differently, 6.23% of total expense was examination expense in which I got negative percentage in quantitative aptitude but 99.55 percentile in verbal ability and logical reasoning.

83.34% of total income was from salary whereas investment income comprised 9.63% of total income with the remaining being rental income.

The agricultural investment vehicle I become a limited partner in exceeded the ₹100 crore mobilized funds mark which brought it under the purview of the Securities and Exchange Board of India who promptly froze its accounts yesterday for non-compliance with the SEBI collective investment scheme act. Let's see how this one ends. 9.58% of my total savings are in this LLP.

fiby41

Under the Yoke for January 2023, part 2

Post by fiby41 »

Got old phone repaired.

There is an iPhone 7 lying in the flat whose password father forgot, then the SIM expired of 3 months of no recharge so cannot receive OTP for resetting password. The phone was a gift, the SIM is registered on gifter's wife's name, and dad is deadbeat lethargic.

I had colated their earlier phones which have died from different places but mom sold them for scrap along with a speaker and a laptop before I could get them fixed so hope someone has repaired and is using them instead of leading to electronic waste :x

Average of the previous 30-months' savings rate is 87.11%.
Savings will exhaust on October 2028 if I spend like I spent in January 2024.

fiby41

Under the Yoke for February 2024

Post by fiby41 »

Found one ear bud inside its charging cover fallen on the curb at a turn near home but let rickshaw driver take it.
Found a discarded pair of shoes with soles broken near office, brought them home, needs replacement but could be useful as gym shoes after present ones give out.
Giving wired earphones to friend who asked for it.
Rationale: I get more reading done or sleep instead when I zone out listening during commute.

Got called for an interview for an MBA equivalent program but even if I secure admission the fees for the 1 year course is my current total savings and average salary after that post-graduation double than what my salary will become after 6-months.

Savings rate was 63.13%
Expense rate was 61.91%
Aggregate savings rose by 3.24%
Savings will last until February 2033 if I spend like I spent in February 2024.

fiby41

Under the Yoke for March 2024

Post by fiby41 »

Clockwise from top-left:
First: Pie chart of total expenditure divided into Financing Expense, Transport Expense and Food.
Second: Pie chart of total income divided into Operational, Investing and Rental Incomes.
Third: Day-wise income.
Fourth: Day-wise expenses.

Travel was 4.61% of total expenses or 1.14% of total income.
Food was 29.36% of total expenses or 7.29% of total income.
Investment income was 25.13% of total income.

Books read this month: The Setup and Genome: The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters.

fiby41

Under the Yoke for March 2024, part 2

Post by fiby41 »

Income rose by 20%, expenses fell by 20% and Savings increased by 44.1% month-on-month.
Expense rate was 25.05% and its inverse Savings Rate was 74.95%.
Total savings grew by 4.13%.
Total savings will last for 11 years until November 2035 if I spend like I spent in March 2024.
The amount saved in this month will last for three months if I spend like I spent in March 2024.
Tentative FI date is 14th October 2057.