Garden Log

What skills to learn, what tools to get
jennypenny

Re: Garden Log

Post by jennypenny »

Feel better!

This is when I wonder how someone had the thought "I know this stuff really hurts when you touch it, but I bet it would make good liquor." lol

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

Still have the agave rash. Looks bad but no longer itches.

:lol: all I could think about after I stripped it to the big core was how I to use it for something alcoholic. It seemed like a big waste. Looks kind of like a 2’ diameter pineapple. Just like the image below.

I watched a YouTube video on Tequila manufacturing and I think I’ll leave this to the pros. It was very tempting to try fermentation, still construction etc. to make some hand sanitizer...wait, no that’s probably an awful idea. :lol:

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Ate the first juicy peach of the season today. Yum. Already getting tomatoes and zucchini, tons of basil, and onions are already fist-sized. We had a ton of strawberries but the wildlife ate a lot of them. Same with the cherries.

The cherries were funny -- we knew the day they were ripe because there were about 30 birds in the tree chowing down. There were also three groundhogs and a gaggle of squirrels underneath the tree eating whatever the birds dropped. They were having such a good time we didn't have the heart to chase them. After a couple of hours the tree was stripped bare. I wish I'd gotten some but I don't mind sharing.

We have a new dog (new in october -- the one who broke my elbow). He likes to chase the birds and critters off so I started leaving the back door open all day so he could come and go to keep the freeloading to a minimum. Then one day he caught a ground hog and brought it into the kitchen to show me. :shock: The door stays closed now. :lol:

bigato

Post by bigato »

He was giving it to you, dogs do that. Sometimes even cats do, when the bounty is too much.