Star*Bucks ERE Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Star*Bucks

Re: Star*Bucks ERE Journal

Post by Star*Bucks »

classical_Liberal wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:51 pm
@Star*Bucks
c) You quit your job and never want go back to work, BUT after a period of decompression you find a lack of self motivation. You still do not want to go back to work, but you also realize that something about it gave you motivation to use your free time well. Hence become resigned to some type of paid work commitment, if only to improve the quality of your time off. Which, luckily, is now the majority of your time!

I'm coming to the conclusion that "C" is probably me. I thought I'd be "B". The danger is that being a "C" person means I risk treating my ERE like a normal retirement and accomplish nothing but pleasure seeking with my life going forward. I'll be content to maybe 50% max level, because I'm missing a big part of life and can't find the motivation to change that, outside of external factors, like the need to make a bit more money.
Classical Liberal, I didn't even know you hit your goal man, congratulations!! I use to be able to read up on journals at work and I remember I read Spoons journal from beginning to end in a single shift a few years back. I'm gonna have to go back and read your journal, CL. I played all the what if's and different scenarios in my mind as well. I over think this a lot because I want to make the right decision before quitting this job. The pay here is good but I'm starting to hate my company. So, I want to accumulate as much as possible while already in the trenches and in the groove so to speak. After I hit my number at some point this year I will probably transfer work location down closer to my parents house. That way I can be sure I get my projected amount for my home and if I get less, then I will just work a couple of more months to make up for the short fall.

At that point quitting will be much easier and a long decompression period will be much needed. After which coming back and working will probably be something I look forward to and I can be a bit more choosy in what I decide to take because I will not be desperate or in need of a job. Luckily for me there are tons of jobs available in the Bay Area... If I am ever so lucky as to find a remote working job then I will take my laptop on the road with me and earn the strong US Dollar as I travel the inexpensive countries on my bucket list. Now, that would be a dream come true...

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

January 2019 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $119,455
401k $2,384
IRA $41,280
Roth IRA $166,531
HSA $18,662
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$1,135

Prior Months Net Worth $425,637
Current Net Worth $430,477

Net Worth Increase of $4,840

Prior Months SWR 4.23%
Current SWR 4.183%

Finance:
$700 for my 6 month car insurance policy.
Had a drop in my small IRA that is still invested in the stock market. The majority of my money is out of the market. I feel the downturn is overdue and on it’s way.

Fitness/Health:
Just been walking at work. Nothing more.

Fun:
Had two days off back to back this month which is unheard of for me. Well I went down to visit family and just hung out. Really enjoyed myself.

Goals for January were:
-Actually go to the gym (I tried and failed)
-Try to schedule a vacation (Failed)

Goals for February:
-Find out what I’m gonna do; either get another job or just quit and travel full time. At least until I conquer a bunch of my bucket list destinations/experiences then come back and work with regular long vacations. A school teachers schedule sounds Awesome with 3 months off each year!

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

February 2019 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $123,410
401k $2,484
IRA $41,370
Roth IRA $165,765
HSA $17,544
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$1,892

Prior Months Net Worth $430,477
Current Net Worth $431,981

Net Worth Increase of $1,504

Prior Months SWR 4.183%
Current SWR 4.168%

Finance:
The little bit of money I still have in the market took a loss due to the downturn which is what caused the meager increase in net worth.

On another note I absolutely hate being judged based on teams/teamwork. I hated it when I attended University of Phoenix and I hate it in the workplace. During February everything was rolling smoothly until I realized a guy on my team completely F’d Up! I found out late and since he was missing in action (assuming he called in sick or something) I had to frantically fix and complete all of his work. I got it done but it was late by 1 day which is an absolute miracle I got it in that quick. Well, some people gave me a pat on my back because they understand what happened whereas others are upset with me and my team for the 1 guy dropping the ball completely. I’m so ready to quit! I wish I never did his work this last month. I should have just showed them all of my quality work and told them that part was his job and he F’d up.

I’m definitely quitting as soon as I can and as soon as it makes sense.

Fitness/Health:
I’ve just been eating right. I haven’t gained any weight but haven’t lost any either.

Fun:
Just having some mental getaways by watching travel youtube channels.

Goals for February were:
-Find out what I’m gonna do; either get another job or just quit and travel full time. At least until I conquer a bunch of my bucket list destinations/experiences then come back and work with regular long vacations. A school teachers schedule sounds Awesome with 3 months off each year!

Goals for March:
-Look for other jobs
-Get in the gym

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

computer science high school teachers are in demand. i suggest china - jobs should be both plentiful and well-paid after this corona BS. plus it's a good hub for travel in asia.

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

I also vote for a move abroad. Doing so myself, and looking forward to the change of pace/scenery.

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

March 2019 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $113,903
401k $2,460
IRA $41,473
Roth IRA $177,686
HSA $15,692
Investments $1,938
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$1,025

Prior Months Net Worth $431,981
Current Net Worth $435,427

Net Worth Increase of $3,446

Prior Months SWR 4.168%
Current SWR 4.135%

Finance:
Maxed out both my 2019 & 2020 Roth IRA’s at Vanguard and I also dabbled a bit at buying individual stocks since the prices were so compelling. I have 5 different companies I’m in and I plan to continue purchasing every 2 to 4 weeks. Preferably buying more shares of the companies I’m already invested in as long as the prices are better than what my average purchase price is or I will look into additional good value company stocks. My plan is still to be invested in broad market funds via Vanguard but adding about 10% of my money into individual stocks seems good especially right now with things on sale due to Covid 19 aka Corona Virus. I’m blessed to still be working and earning a paycheck during this time and I am very healthy other than being a bit overweight.

I started doing my taxes myself but it looks pretty bad. I’m going to seek professional help but I don’t know how to find a good CPA. I used one that I was referred to many years ago and I basically got ripped off. The guy charged me almost $600 for a basic tax return for me; a single guy who is a home owner and one W-2. So, I’ve done my own taxes ever since then.

I spoke to my supervisor to inquire about a transfer and at first he didn’t want me to transfer because he didn’t want to lose me. Since, I’ve known him for nearly 10 years and we have a great relationship he told me to let him know when I’m ready and he will transfer me. I made that call out of frustration with the current office I work at. Basically the guy who dropped the ball last month that I swooped in and saved is making endless excuses to save his behind and he is trying to make me look bad. There is too much gossip here and too many people who would prefer to brown nose & lie in order to get ahead instead of working hard. Being an introvert who has no desire to move up; all I have is my hard work. I think I will make this transfer once I get all this tax debacle over with so either mid or end of April I will transfer back to The Bay Area, My Home! Where everything is expensive and the traffic is horrible but at least the offices there for the most part have quality hard working people who let their work speak for itself instead of playing corporate politics/games to get themselves ahead.

Fitness/Health:
None…

Fun:
During this quarantine time I’ve been watching Netflix again. There are some good movies & series which I enjoyed. Witcher, Narcos, Ragnarok, IP Man, etc. I’ve watched more Netflix over this quarantine than the past several years combined (Not Complaining)

Goals for March were:
-Look for other jobs
-Get in the gym

Goals for April
-Stay Healthy
-Get taxes done & do my parents taxes
-Pay my property tax bill
-If possible process the transfer down to the Bay Area

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal »

Congrats on the transfer! Wow your Roth went up in March?! Impressive, care to share how you have it invested?

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

classical_Liberal wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:27 pm
Congrats on the transfer! Wow your Roth went up in March?! Impressive, care to share how you have it invested?
Hey CL, the increase in the Roth IRA from February to March is wholly due to me maxing out my 2019 & 2020 Contributions. To answer your question though I am invested in the Energy Fund at Vanguard VGENX but I do not recommend it by any means. The only reason I invested into it again is to bring down my cost basis since the price took a steep tumble in February & March. I plan to sell as soon as the price hits "normal" and place my funds somewhere I can be more comfortable with.

Hope you are doing well and staying safe my friend. Crazy world we are living in right now.

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

April 2020 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $115,092
401k $2,553
IRA $41,573
Roth IRA $180,874
HSA $18,361
Investments $3,789
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$249

Prior Months Net Worth $435,427
Current Net Worth $445,293

Net Worth Increase of $9,866

Prior Months SWR 4.135%
Current SWR 4.043%

Finance:
Looks like for January, February, & March I was actually writing 2019 at the top of my monthly updates instead of 2020. Smdh, sometimes I write these updates so fast I barely have any time to proofread them.

I was putting off doing my taxes until the deadline because I knew my bill would be large. I owe over 30k still for my 2019 State & Federal taxes. I found out both California & the IRS have extended the filing/payment deadline from April 15th to July 15th. This will allow me more time to seek professional help and hopefully reduce the tax burden. Worst case scenario I will still pay the same amount but I will have held onto my money a few months longer.

Due to Coronavirus most of the employees at my company are forced to stay home. They can use their vacation or PTO time if they have any but otherwise my company isn’t paying them. I hope they will get unemployment insurance payments. For myself I am still working but all overtime is gone. I didn’t remember what it was like having 2 days off a week! Feels great but the paychecks are much smaller. Not complaining though as I am lucky to still be working. I guess all that busting my ass over the years paid off in a sense.

In March I dropped off lots of essential items to my parents like toilet paper, lysol spray, dry goods, pantry staples, etc. I did that in hopes my parents could avoid leaving their house for necessities. Doing that basically emptied my house out and luckily I got my hands on a big pack of toilet paper from Costco. I was down to my last roll :lol: Besides that I paid my Property Tax bill and made some small purchases on Amazon.

Fitness/Health:
Just my normal walks at work

Fun:
With all the extra time at home due to quarantine plus having 2 days off each week; I’ve been really experimenting in the kitchen and making new recipes. I also did some googling to find “houseplants that clean the air” & “houseplants that give off oxygen” and that led me down a rabbit hole and now I want to fill my living spaces with tons of house plants. Even if I move like I am planning to I can always bring those plants to my mothers house and she would absolutely love it.

Goals for April were:
-Stay Healthy (Done)
-Get taxes done & do my parents taxes (Done, I didn’t submit mine though)
-Pay my property tax bill (Done)
-If possible process the transfer down to the Bay Area (Putting this off due to Corona/Covid19)

Goals for May
-Try to work out at home
-Organize my home
-I am in desperate need for a new office chair at my house. I want to find a comfortable "Gaming Chair" as is what my friends told me would be the best thing to buy for comfort, lumbar support, and long lasting. I want to get this purchase done before the end of May as my back is hurting using my old beat up office chair.

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

May 2020 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $121,436
401k $2,598
IRA $41,678
Roth IRA $182,091
HSA $20,009
Investments $390
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$459

Prior Months Net Worth $445,293
Current Net Worth $451,043

Net Worth Increase of $5,750

Prior Months SWR 4.043%
Current SWR 3.991%

Finance:
Purchased a new office chair for $169.99 because it had excellent reviews. My old computer chair I purchased from Walmart for $50 and it’s lasted for over 10 years and to be quite honest it is still more comfortable than the new chair. My old chair has that pleather coming off and it’s showing it’s age so eventually I’m going to have to throw it out, but for now I have both in my office and I swap back n fourth.

Fitness/Health:
Push ups at home using my new “Perfect Push Up v2”

Fun:
None

Goals for May were:
-Try to work out at home (Done! Purchased the perfect push up bars to make doing push ups at home easier with less stress on my wrists)
-Organize my home (So-So)

Goals for June
Stay Corona Free

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

June 2020 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $124,735
401k $2,630
IRA $41,776
Roth IRA $182,648
HSA $21,283
Investments $0
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$1,153

Prior Months Net Worth $451,043
Current Net Worth $455,219

Net Worth Increase of $4,176

Prior Months SWR 3.991%
Current SWR 3.955%

Finance:

Paid over $600 for annual home owners insurance policy. I have to submit my State & Federal Tax returns in July. I am happy the deadline was pushed to July 15th but it’s going to hurt cutting two checks totaling approximately 30k. Live & Learn. Gotta keep this one short, see ya next month.

Goals for June were:
-Stay Corona Free Done!

Goals for July:
-Submit my Fed/State Tax Returns and pay the 30k I owe.

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

July 2020 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $96,284
401k $3,433
IRA $41,881
Roth IRA $182,926
HSA $23,139
Investments $0
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$1,109

Prior Months Net Worth $455,219
Current Net Worth $429,854

Net Worth Decrease of $25,365

Prior Months SWR 3.955%
Current SWR 4.19%

Finance:
I paid just under 32k in State & Fed Taxes for 2019. Keep in mind that’s on top of the 35k I paid in out of pocket estimated taxes and the over 35k I paid in payroll taxes. Totaling over 100k in State & Federal Taxes for 2019 because of my expensive mistake. It was a tough lesson learned but now that it is over 1 year since the conversion from Traditional IRA to Roth IRA, that means less than 4 years before I can access that money if I wanted to. I am still hoping some sort of economic downturn will occur like in 2009 so that I can get a great deal on a bigger house if I decide to go that route. I also paid my 6 month auto insurance premium of almost $700.

It’s been 4 or 5 years since I’ve had my eyes checked and purchased new glasses. I went to Costco back then and paid a very fair price for everything but they really didn’t have a good selection of frames and I’ve always been disappointed in the frames I chose (They were the best frames from all the options I had). I think this time around I will go somewhere else that has a good variety of frames and buy them there. I really like light weight glasses and I want ones that I feel I look good in. I wear glasses all day every day so even if I pay a premium it’s ok so long as I feel good about the way I look.

Back in 2010 roughly I purchased a really high end microwave with a touch screen and the most powerful fans on the market. This purchase was done well before I was “woke” and now it has broken down. That’s 1k down the drain. The microwave actually went down over 6 weeks ago and I rarely ever find the need to use it. It’s one of those above the stove mounted microwaves and I am going to keep that style because I have very limited counter space. I am going to take my sweet time in purchasing a replacement until I find an awesome sale.

With all the bad news in July I decided to do something for myself. I built a small cologne collection. I always had at least 1 cologne and at my peak I had a 3 cologne collection but I always wanted a small collection. I found out that my favorite store, Costco, sells colognes online at very good prices. I also purchased some colognes from other sources but because of the store closures I was unable to go smell the colognes at Macy’s before purchasing. Luckily the majority of my blind buys worked out very well, and the ones I do not like will be put back in the box and given out as gifts. I spent $350 on fragrances and I’m sure I am set for life now. Once these run out I doubt I will buy more.

Fitness/Health:
In 2019 over the course of 5 weeks I lost 25 pounds. During the 4-5 months of 2020 Covid19 quarantine I gained 15 of those pounds back. I was so very disappointed and felt defeated so I jumped back on the KETO + 1 Meal Per Day Program that I did in 2019. I started this on the 20th of July and I weighed 210.7 on that morning. I now weigh 206. Total loss of 4.7 pounds. I actually got down to 203 but my weight is now fluctuating from 203-206; today being 206.

I do plan on purchasing the newest Apple watch. I need it mainly for the health reasons but it’s going to be very convenient as well. Practical uses for me begin with tracking my daily steps. There is a step counter on my iPhone but when I go on my walks at work during my breaks and lunch I typically leave my phone on my desk charging. When I go jogging or running I use a bluetooth headset and listen to audio being streamed from my big phone in my pocket, but with the Apple watch I could leave the phone at home and stream music from the watch. That’s just a couple of things to go along with all the rest. My iPhone is also due for replacing as it is close to being 4 years old now. I will add these two items to my Black Friday shopping list.

Fun:
Can’t do too much due to the quarantine so I’ve just been catching up on movies I’ve been wanting to watch.

Goals for July were:
-Submit my Fed/State Tax Returns and pay the 30k I owe. DONE!

Goals for August:
-Continue to focus on weight loss & exercise.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal »

Must be nice to finally get that tax monkey off your back, congrats.

Frugalchicos

Post by Frugalchicos »

If you want to save some money on the Apple watch, check the Chinese versions on Aliexpress or buy an older model on eBay or Poshmark (I bought mine there for $42). Also, if your phone is lagging due to the battery. You can change it yourself easily for about $6. I did it myself (my phone is 7 years old)

There is no need to pay that much to get on shape. Just a friendly observation.

llorona

Post by llorona »

Do you know about Zenni Optical? I've always been very pleased with their glasses.

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

classical_Liberal wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm
Must be nice to finally get that tax monkey off your back, congrats.
Thanks CL. Yeah nice to be done with it but seeing all that money go was a real bummer...
Frugalchicos wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:26 pm
If you want to save some money on the Apple watch, check the Chinese versions on Aliexpress or buy an older model on eBay or Poshmark (I bought mine there for $42). Also, if your phone is lagging due to the battery. You can change it yourself easily for about $6. I did it myself (my phone is 7 years old)

There is no need to pay that much to get on shape. Just a friendly observation.
Hey Frugalchicos, I'm probably going to wait until Black Friday 2021 before I upgrade my phone and get an Apple Watch. Mine is still working good enough and I've already spent way too much money (specifically on taxes)
llorona wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:13 pm
Do you know about Zenni Optical? I've always been very pleased with their glasses.
YES!! I heard about Zenni from Clark Howards podcast (back when I use to listen to him) I've purchased several very cheap glasses from them. I'm way overdue to get my eyes checked again and prescription updated. Also functionally those Zenni glasses are good but I want to be able to try on frames so I can be sure I like the way I look. I wear glasses everyday from when I wake up to when I go to sleep so I want to have glasses that I actually think looks good not just ok.

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

August 2020 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $30,431
401k $3,415
IRA $41,986
Roth IRA $183,600
HSA $25,750
I.O.U. $70,000
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$983

Prior Months Net Worth $429,854
Current Net Worth $437,499

Net Worth Increase of $7,645

Prior Months SWR 4.19%
Current SWR 4.12%

Finance:
So there is a new line item under the asset category on top. It refers to the 70k that I loaned to my brother to pay off his home. The 70k plus all of his savings was not enough to completely pay it off so he will be taking a small loan against his 401k. If the IRS didn’t force me to pay them all that money I could have loaned him more and avoided him taking a loan from his 401k. Well, to make things as simple as possible for my brother and myself he will pay me back in 5 payments over 5 years starting in December 2021 with 10k. Then 15k each December for the subsequent 4 years. I was earning next to nothing on those funds in my savings anyways so I’m happy to help my brother out.

I purchased some software from Apple and I will be teaching myself how to use them in hopes to find a way to earn money remotely. I also saw a Lazy Boy Office Chair at Costco which was regularly $200 but was on sale for $150. I had to buy it and I’m happy I did.

I made a very long list of things I want and some I need. I try to put these lists together each year and only buy when the price is right; like Black Friday. Well the list is so far over 10k but over half of it is my entire professional camera set up. I think I will go ahead and wait 1 more year until Black Friday of 2021 to buy this gear. Mainly because I feel a lot of overtime coming again and I won’t be able to actually use the gear plus there are some really interesting rumors of some compact powerful cameras on the horizon. That is exactly what I will need as a minimalist traveler; to be as compact as possible but with pro features/quality.

Fitness/Health:
None

Fun:
None

Goal for August was:
-Continue to focus on weight loss & exercise. FAIL

Goals for September:
-Try to work as much overtime as possible.

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

September 2020 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $33,665
401k $3.497
IRA $42,088
Roth IRA $181,340
HSA $24,622
I.O.U. $70,000
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$985

Prior Months Net Worth $437,499
Current Net Worth $437,527

Net Worth Increase of $28

Prior Months SWR 4.12%
Current SWR 4.12%

Finance:
Net Worth was stagnant mainly due to small losses in my Roth IRA & HSA. I was planning on purchasing some expensive camera gear this Black Friday (putting this off for over 5 years), but ever since the GoPro Hero 9 came out I think I have changed my mind for the time being. I need a small camera kit that would be easy for 1 bag travel but bring high quality. The new Go Pro fits the bill good enough, at least for starters and from there I will upgrade if I need to. Amazons Prime Day sale will take place in October and I have a lot of things I’ve put off buying basically waiting for Black Friday, but I would love to pick them up early on Prime Day.

Fitness/Health:
So, I have been working out a lot. Due to Covid the only gym I could visit was a 35 mile drive from my home; so 70 miles roundtrip. Today October 1 I just got home from my local gym which is only 1 mile from my home. Today is the first day they reopened and I hope they stay open. I’m going real hard now because I found out I have Stage 2 Hypertension aka Very High Blood Pressure. I always knew my blood pressure was high but I didn’t know I was in stage 2. I’ve cut out salt which means no fast foods and very little processed foods. I’ve also increased my fruits and veg intake usually in the form of a big smoothie. I definitely feel better but the weight is slow to come off. I’m not too worried about it because I’m currently trying to build muscle while burning fat; which means the scale won’t tell the full story. I’m going to have to visually see the progress of my physique and adjust as I go. Feels good to be back on my routine. I wish I didn’t need the HBP to push me to do it. The HBP was probably the reason/cause with that health scare last year.

After finding out about the Stage 2 Hypertension I took a week off from work to just relax and reduce stress. I cleaned and reorganized my home and went to the gym. I cashed out 40 hours of vacation time to make up for the lost work hours but it was definitely worth it.

I tried to go into CVS and a couple of other stores to check my Blood Pressure but those machines are all closed off due to Covid. So on my Amazon Prime Day purchase list is a at home Blood Pressure monitor as well as several other health related products. While researching Blood Pressure I found out nearly half of people have high blood pressure. So, if you’re reading this I hope you go get your blood pressure checked and if it’s high take immediate action. High Blood Pressure is referred to as the “silent killer” so please take it seriously.

Fun:
Purchased my first G-Shock watch because I found it on sale 20% off. This watch will have the potential to last over a decade and I got it for under $100. I may still purchase a old model Apple watch for the health tracking reasons, but only if I find a killer deal. The G-Shock is the one that will be on my wrist when I travel because I’m still unsure what happens when you go overseas with a Apple Watch on your wrist as far as roaming fees go. Also the G-Shock is subtle and doesn’t grab attention so no need to worry about people wanting to rob me for it unlike the Apple Watch.

Goal for September was:
-Try to work as much overtime as possible. FAIL

Goals for October:
-Stay in the gym 6-7 days per week. 1 day weights next day cardio
-Find some deals on Prime Day

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

October 2020 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $38,283
401k $3,482
IRA $42,193
Roth IRA $180,690
HSA $23,726
I.O.U. $70,000
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$434

Prior Months Net Worth $437,527
Current Net Worth $441,240

Net Worth Increase of $3,713

Prior Months SWR 4.12%
Current SWR 4.08%

Finance:
Lost value in my 401k, IRA’s, & HSA but since my savings rate is high I was still able to have a Net Worth Increase this month. I have pretty bad health insurance and I went to the doctors office so what that usually means is that in a month or so I will get a bill for what my insurance doesn’t cover. Even though my monthly premiums are absolutely and ridiculously expensive for 1 person.

Fitness/Health:
I have been in the gym very regularly about 4-5 days per week. I also quit eating fast food and reduced my sodium intake. I did this in hopes to reduce my blood pressure which was very high. Well, I went to my doctors office again and my pressure actually went even higher! I really didn’t want to take a blood pressure medication but for now I have no choice. I was looking for a high quality at home blood pressure monitor on Prime Day but none were available other than the knock off brands. I was going to wait until Cyber Monday but I ended up ordering it the same day I went to my doctors office. I should get in this week from Amazon.

Fun:
Just the gym.

Goal for October was:
-Stay in the gym 6-7 days per week. 1 day weights next day cardio No, I did 4-5 days per week
-Find some deals on Prime Day No deals found, waiting for Cyber Monday

Goals for November:
-Reduce Stress & Get My Blood Pressure Down

Star*Bucks

Post by Star*Bucks »

November 2020 Update:

Current Assets:
Cash $41,791
401k $3,522
IRA $42,296
Roth IRA $184,631
HSA $26.912
I.O.U. $70,000
Home $70,000
Car $13,300

Current Debts:
Credit Card -$1,073

Prior Months Net Worth $441,240
Current Net Worth $451,379

Net Worth Increase of $10,139

Prior Months SWR 4.08%
Current SWR 3.99%

Finance:
So my over the range microwave went out on me about 3-4 months ago. I decided to wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to get a good deal. Living without a microwave was easier than I thought but it will be good to have one again. The best price I found was at Home Depot $200 for a nice LG Brand (42% off) but the rep there tells me I need to pay a $60 delivery fee and a $120 install fee. I told him I will just buy it now and take it home to avoid the $60 delivery fee and just pay for the $120 install. The rep said they don’t have any in stock. I then asked if I could order it online and pick up in store for no delivery fee as I have done in the past. He said no it has to be delivered to your home and pay the $60 fee. Long story short I checked out Lowes and was also disappointed there, so I went with my trusty costco.com and purchased a $400 microwave which comes with free delivery, install, and haul away of my old microwave. I should have just went with Costco 4 months ago. My new microwave is still a couple of weeks away from being delivered but I’m excited to know that it’s almost here.

I had a long long list of things I wanted to buy myself for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but because the overtime at work has just spiked again after a long lull I doubt I will have time to use any of the items. Overtime will probably be plentiful for the next 6+ months. So for another year, I will say I will hold off until next Cyber Monday to purchase my first full-frame mirrorless camera and lens set up.

Also, I paid a couple of grand for Property Taxes and a few small items from Amazon like a small USB C fast charger, a charging cable for my iPhone, Tupperware, etc.

Fitness/Health:
The gyms are closed and I was on a great routine. I am still eating right and walking as much as possible whenever the weather isn’t too freezing cold outside.

Fun:
Spending lots of time at work between two locations. One of the locations has some of my friends who I haven’t worked with in a while and it’s been good shooting the shit with them & clowning around a bit since we are working so many hours.

The goal for November was:
-Reduce Stress & Get My Blood Pressure Down (IN PROGRESS)

Goals for December:
-Finish the year off strong financially