Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Where are you and where are you going?
classical_Liberal

Re: Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Post by classical_Liberal »

Sounds like the program is something you might stick with, that's good! I Look forward to the pictures.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Yes, it's a field where people aren't too focused on making money or being cool. Also i forgot how much i like having a train pass.
I also realize that i'm not used to see a lot of girls anymore (be it in train, cities or at school). I don't know how i feel about it.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I have no more home internet for a week, which isn't very practical to follow classes when I only have campus access every 3rd day (corona measures).
It'll take some extra organisation.
Here are the pictures of this week end trip. It was very enjoyable. It was a lot of elevation

I walked at night from leukerbad, and woke up here, a few meter bellow the gemmi pass

As you can see, it was quite steep from the village down there

The gemmi area is quite scenic

Here is a view from the rindersattel (2909m)

And then a few summit pictures. At first there was a trail, then it was some flat steep frosted rocks, and then snow. I didn't took much pictures, because i wanted to have some battery in case i got an incapacitating injury from the slippery part.

This is a view on the balmhon and the altels

Here the view on the Sunnbüel area

As you can see, we are still hopefully far from forest fire

I hope you can still enjoy the pictures despite my phone costing only 20$

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

Great photos, thanks. Did you take your classmates for it?

And by the way, do you pay for your uni or how is it in Switzerland?

I swear your journal will really make me and DW move to Switzerland. I think we might get British passports for diversification first sometime next year and then hey ho.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'll take them to a smaller mountain next sunday. I went on my own to the summit, and met my girlfriend in the valley around the Daubensee.
I'll have to pay around 700.- per semester.

Jean

Post by Jean »

The classes are actually difficult. My Matrix handling and electromagnetism knowledge are very rusted, which makes it challenging to follow some classes. It's actually good, because quiting because it's too hard is something i usually don't do. My classmates find it hard too, which allows me to work without shame. It's interesting too see what disciplines me. Fear of being proven weak.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal »

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jean

Post by Jean »

It's not really social pressure. Just a way to absolve me from caring about other peoples metric. Like when i tries to go into special forces.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Jean

Post by Jean »

In the ddr,
you were occasionaly shot or raped by people that wouldn't be held accountable
You had limited freedom of movement
You had no thrustable democracy
Range of subjects on which you could express yourself freely was limited

Thank god the west won.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

Jean wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:38 am
thrustable democracy
Sure does seem a lot of people are getting fc*ked

Jean

Post by Jean »

Seeing it live there destroyed my confidence in it being improbable here.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I wanted to go to school, not watch live stream on the internet. I don't trust that any degree will open the Doors it's sold to open, which is problematic to keep working on it when its not interesting anymore. I don't know what to do.
I'de rather have Airborne Ebola than a ban on choir singing. We already had a pandemic killing half of us, it wasn't that Bad. What's the point of not dying if you don't get to live. I'm not fat or old. Why should anyone make any effort to save fat and old people? No one should make any effort to save me if i get fat and old. Skills are useless with no natural ressources, and if you cannot sell them.
Should i won the Euromillions, i'de build myself a few ton survival pod, pay elon to send me in it to orbit, and just insult mankind from there for the next fourty years. That would bé thé ultimate podcast. Actually, i could sell my house, buy a boat and do the same. maybe i should give up any project and do it from home actually. So nice to have options. Thanks for Reading this rant.
Last edited by Jean on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Harsh, Dude. You wouldn't even save your internet buddies, 7W5 and RJ?

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'm angry, and you're all going to die at some point any way.
We are turning millions of enjoyable life year into shitty years, in the hope of save many less life years (average age of covid casualties in France is 84 years old, this is 4 years over life expectancy). Average age is 39 yo. I don't think that more than every 40th person is going to die of covid
This is completly unfair.
Losing weight is hard, but is it harder than reducing your life to only video games?

But honnestly, i just wan't to know how to stick to any project when the future is so unclear. We don't even know if a future exists. It all looks like a permanent lockdown.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Maybe you could smuggle a female into your hut? I don't really care about the young people being locked down for my protection anymore. I've got my own self locked down good and tight and enough money to have groceries delivered. I do worry a bit about the health care systems being overloaded.

Jean

Post by Jean »

It's not the lockdown. It's the destruction of every perspective.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Yeah, hear you on that. I worry about my theoretical grandchildren. Although I do think that they may end up the lucky ones, if there are any lucky ones. I hope to buy a small woods and acreage in northern Michigan as first hop on retreat. Maybe you will visit some day :) ?

Jean

Post by Jean »

Northern Michigan would bé my place of choice if i had been a us citizen

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

You could come over on a student visa and try to nab an American wife. That’s what Jacob did :lol: