A guy from Texas

Say hello!!
MediumTex

Post by MediumTex »

Before I got tangled up with everything Permanent Portfolio-related I was just a guy who dreamed of early retirement but kept getting sidetracked with poor investment advice.
I think I now have the investment part more or less nailed down, but the early retirement part remains a large challenge.
I'm sure that "Your Money or Your Life" is a popular text here, and ever since I came across the Permanent Portfolio strategy I've wondered whether the book would have been even better had the authors recommended the PP instead of 30 year treasury bonds (even though that turned out to be pretty good advice, but sort of accidentally, since they could not have known how long the treasury bull market was to continue after the book's publication).
Anyway, looking forward to clicking around and doing some reading, and hello to any friends I've crossed paths with in other places.

LonerMatt

Post by LonerMatt »

Hey MT,
Love what Gyroscopic investing brings to the table in terms of online forum information and discussion. I think the journals and personalities here make this small, tight knit community much more focused, and the similar end goal binds a lot of us together.

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

Glad to have you here, MediumTex.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Welcome. I like your posts on the PP forum. I don't post there since I'm not a true PPer, but I like to read the forum (except you guys fight about politics more than we do here!).