Chenda's sober ramblings.

Where are you and where are you going?
7Wannabe5

Re: Chenda's sober ramblings.

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Again, as I noted elsewhere, be sure to take very good care of yourself too while you are experiencing this crisis. This is the sort of situation, like an actual air disaster or the first 6 weeks after the birth of an infant, where "put on your own oxygen mask first" or "make sure you keep hydrated" does firmly apply (as opposed to its over-application by those currently well-swaddled in cotton within steel cage.)

chenda

Post by chenda »

@Henry @7w5 Thank you.

Something I actually learnt at flight school, which is drummed into you from day one, is flying the plane is always the number one priority. Aviate first, then navigate, then communicate. Especially in an emergency.

I'm sleeping alone tonight, after sleeping at my sister's for the past week. But I'm ok, trying to keep my routines going as normally as possible. Just watched the first Dune, not sure if it's good or shite...

chenda

Post by chenda »

Mum is the same age as Putin and Steven Seagull, which seems a bit unfair all things considered.

But I'm surprised how well I'm coping this week. Maybe because I'm spending so much time dealing with the situation I don't have time to think about the implications of it. I'm glad I have my spirituality to fall back on. I absolutely feel no desire to drink anything more than my alcohol free beer. Listening to a lot of Halestorm.

Frank Turner's battle against his cocaine addiction. Apparently he overdosed and managed to get himself to A&E, where they pretty much told him he was a fucking idiot and stuck him on drip. Unlike Frank, I sure don't miss them drugs.

https://youtu.be/dh7PQO0OPoA?si=DL8_h-rjc2oOHXi0

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

First chenda, wishing you and your loved ones all the best and a speedy recovery from whatever it is you have suffered.

Second, and far less important, I am managing to keep my alcohol consumption low which is great. Would love to try take this a step further sometime in the future.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Thank you @Seppia, and congratulations on cutting down.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I hope everything will go as good as possible for you.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Jean wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:38 am
I hope everything will go as good as possible for you.
Thank you Jean.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

Just wanted to report that I’m still going strong, drinking less and less.
I’m still drinking almost every day, but I am now down to maybe 100ml of wine per dinner.
I’ll try to keep this pace for another few months, and if it works I’ll try quitting completely when I start my new job.

Thanks again chenda, I really needed your nudge and it has been a life changer so far.

chenda

Post by chenda »

@Seppia - Great news glad it's going well.

Brewdog's nanny state is one of the best 0% beers I've tried so far.

chenda

Post by chenda »

So its been three months dry and coincidentally its been the worse period of my life, but I think it would have been a lot worse if I had been drinking. It was almost as if the random decision to quit was me being prepared for it. I'm no longer regularly drinking the 0% beer as the desire to have a drink substitute has waned. I will only drink 0% on special occasions.

We saw mum today and she is showing remarkable improvement. I could have a semi-normal conversation with her, and she is showing much better awareness of everything. She is starting to eat purified foods, which is great because she hates being fed through a tube (they had to put mittens on her as she kept pulling out the feeding tube) I know she has a very long road ahead of her and there will be set backs and disappointments, but today at least, I am feeling very happy with her situation.

It is an Easter miracle.