What is the link to jacob's original, first peak oil blog?

Questions and comments
ben2000s

What is the link to jacob's original, first peak oil blog?

Post by ben2000s »

What is the link to Jacob's original, first peak oil blog? I know he had a blog before ERE.

grundomatic

Re: What is the link to jacob's original, first peak oil blog?

Post by grundomatic »

@mathiverse, no longer content to be "just" the forum archivist, is now hunting down things on the wider web. Nice work.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

That's the one. It was a webpage---not a blog---mostly aggregating links for the peak oil community during 2001-2005ish. I don't know if archive.org also archives [email] mailing lists, but most of the activity back then was on runningonempty, runningonempty2, and energyresources which were on yahoo. These later became theoildrum.com (an archived website), which in turn became resilience.org (nonprofit and website, Vicki Robin is active there).

ben2000s

Post by ben2000s »

jacob wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:30 am
That's the one. It was a webpage---not a blog---mostly aggregating links for the peak oil community during 2001-2005ish. I don't know if archive.org also archives [email] mailing lists, but most of the activity back then was on runningonempty, runningonempty2, and energyresources which were on yahoo. These later became theoildrum.com (an archived website), which in turn became resilience.org (nonprofit and website, Vicki Robin is active there).
Great thank you, Jacob! Look forward to reading it

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

I would pin this somewhere on the forum, akin to the 'precursor of the fire movement' link that is also pinned.