Great Books Seminar Recruiting

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Hristo Botev

Great Books Seminar Recruiting

Post by Hristo Botev »

The Great Books platform I've been using for the past 2.5 years, onlinegreatbooks.com, is closing up shop in its present form at the end of this month for reasons some of us are still trying to make sense of. The various seminar groups in that program are all trying to figure out where to go from here, and my own seminar is going to make an attempt at just continuing on as we had been with the curriculum and monthly seminar meetings, just without the paid interlocutor to move things along when necessary. (Honestly, the interlocutors aren't really necessary once you get the hang of how seminar works.)

So, given that our group is in transition, and given that the ~$75/mo. subscription we had been paying to onlinegreatbooks.com is no longer (only cost going forward will be purchasing the books), I wanted to inquire whether any of you all might be interested in joining our seminar going forward.

We meet monthly via Zoom on the 3rd Tuesday from 8-10pm CST, so our next meeting will be December 19, and we will be discussing Books I-V of Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics. We've got a good core group of 6/7, so we have room for 2-3 more, maybe 4 or 5 more.

DM if you might be interested and I will send you additional details. Here's what the reading list looks like (we are at Month 23):