Financing purchases

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
unemployable

Re: Financing purchases

Post by unemployable »

unemployable wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:48 pm
Card B, not to be confused with pop singer Cardi B, was the one I was in the habit of paying the same amount every day on, because unlike with Card A, I could. Except a few weeks ago I apparently let the credit balance get too high for their liking so they decided to send me a check. To my "permanent" (summer) address, from which I'm having mail forwarded for another month or so as I'm traveling.
Followup: Now they're telling me it can take up to 90 days to have the credit put back onto my account, retroactive to my second complaint to them two weeks ago. When they told me it would take five to seven business days.

Meanwhile, the place I'm forwarding my mail to had told me they never got the check, which at least has been voided, I'm told. It would only surprise me if they did eventually receive it.

So much for trying to use credit responsably.

The system wants you to be in debt, and isn't set up for any other way.

Slevin

Post by Slevin »

@ unemployable There are companies that actually cater to exactly your credit usage flow, maybe you should consider trying one of them instead of the headaches of your current ones?

unemployable

Post by unemployable »

A secured credit card? I think that's worse than being (called) a climate refugee. This is all over less than couple hundred on a net worth of $700k. I simply like overpaying sometimes and greatly dislike having my routine thrown off.

I direct everything through my brokerage account. I have TreasuryDirect and Vanguard too but basically all my transactions flow through brokerage. Simpler that way. Except it's TD Ameritrade and will become Schwab in a few weeks. I can't wait to see what new and exciting ways they'll screw the transition up.