How are you challenging yourself in 2023?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
SouthernAlchemy

How are you challenging yourself in 2023?

Post by SouthernAlchemy »

I know everyone around here loves a good challenge. I am challenging myself to double my garden yield from this year in 2023. It is the kind of challenge I like, a mix of thinking (planning, responding to conditions) and actual physical work with, of course, a payoff (delicious, healthy food). I've got the bandwidth to take on some other stuff and have been thinking up and mulling over some other challenges I could do. What is everybody up to or thinking about doing in the near future?

daylen

Re: How are you challenging yourself in 2023?

Post by daylen »

I challenge myself to release a game on itch.io. Will likely be a simple, single-player puzzle game of some kind for less than $10.

Hristo Botev

Post by Hristo Botev »

I think I'm going to challenge myself to continue on as a teetotaler. It's only been about 10 days thus far, but I've seen a lot of positive changes. And I suspect a lot of the things that I'd normally add to the list for new year's resolutions--increased food production (garden, chickens, quail), strength gains, prayer life, reading of the great books, quality time with family and friends, tackling of home DIY projects, etc.--will be more likely to follow as a natural side effect of teetotaling.

ducknald_don

Post by ducknald_don »

I'm trying to get to one meal a day. I've tried in the past but failed, probably because I did it in one step. This time I'm gradually pushing back the time of my first meal until I get there. I've moved it about two and a half hours so far without too much difficulty.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

increase my salary by 30%

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

I just quit my job. Haven't quit working, I will look for something else, but I guess I'm looking at a new beginning of one sort or another

Henry

Post by Henry »

I would like to secure a basic appreciation for life that would provide me enough confidence that if I stumbled into a pediatric oncology wing I wouldn't gather the little Magoos into a circle and explain to them that it's a blessing in disguise.

And cut down on my internet usage.