WL 5 -> 6 MMMG

Home of groups, cadres, circles, teams, ...
Divandan

Re: WL 5 -> 6 MMMG

Post by Divandan »

Glad this thread is restarting. Here is what I am currently doing. I have gone back through several threads that have been pertinent to my situation (Buy nothing year, food threads, decentralizing finance thread). I have also gone back through AxelHeyst's posts again as well as some of his posts on his site. Last but not least I am rereading the ERE book from front to back again as I would often times pick it up and read a chapter here and there. I want to see the whole picture with the book again which is why I am rereading it.

I think overall I am at the point where it is more about the application in earnest. Which means going full on into a no buy year, reducing (and tracking which I have never done) groceries as well as fixing stuff around the house.

I think this forum is great for reference but I could see a ton of ROI with jumping into a MMMG where I connect with people on the forum to hear first hand what were the Ah ha moments. I think I am very close just need more application in my life.

xmj

Re: WL 5 -> 6 MMMG

Post by xmj »

Yes, this thread is valuable even if the MMMG as such may be on hold.

One thing I've been prompted through the posts here is to revisit my previous attempt at drafting a WoG - which was, initially, a directed acyclical graph (and so, very much not a web) of activities, social groups & locations to pursue them with/in, towards four central pillars based on multiple discussions with a good friend (Health, Wealth, Growth, Relationships).

I've started mapping these four pillars in terms of capitals (human, social, intellectual & financial) before, and as part of the current iteration I'm trying to integrate them (thus removing the direction and the acyclicality). I've also added another dimension: spiritual capital, borrowed from James Hughes' work in Complete Family Wealth.

This entire exercise, even in the two hours I've done it today, has been useful in revealing at least one activity I should pay more attention to, and - through various added cyclical interconnections - improved my understanding of both myself and the wider dream we share as family.

And all it took was adding 25 sparse lines in a GraphViz Dotfile :geek:

candide

WL 4/5, goal 6.

Post by candide »

It is nice to hear that this thread added some value.

I still think it has proven to not be a MMG -- in fairness to me I did not realize that was a term from a body of literature when I started the thread.

The offer still stands for me to contact people by DM if this thread gets moved. But as Spring Break is ending, the next time I will have any time wealth will be the summer -- so if a move happens, I might wait until a weekend to do such self-deputized work.

But other than that, the group is dead. Long live the thread!