Sets being subsets of themselves

The "other" ERE. Societal aspects of the ERE philosophy. Emergent change-making, scale-effects,...
7Wannabe5

Re: Sets being subsets of themselves

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Yes, and relevant to this forum, you can also have lifestyle design as a module of lifestyle design.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

jacob wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:45 pm
In particular, if your map of the territory has a sufficiently high resolution, you should see your map of the territory on your map of the territory. Zooming in further, in that map there will be another map. And so on all the way down. Maps within maps within maps... and eventually: what is really territory and what is really map? Wooooo... :shock:
This can really drive me nuts sometimes, so I should really get second order logic into my mental models toolbox to get some piece of mind.
jacob wrote:
It seems isomorphic to the difference between thinking of infinity as "amazingly enormous everything" and abstracting it to "if for every N, there's always N+1, then the set of 'N' is infinite", workable, done!
Yep.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

jacob wrote:
Maps within maps within maps...
Packing my stuff getting ready for a move, I listen to Classic FM. Suddenly a tune I don't know strikes me so I look it up. Lo and behold, Spiegel im Spiegel or 'Mirror in the mirror' by Arvo Pärt.

Long live multi modality.