Imprudent retirement

Where are you and where are you going?
prudentelo

Re: Imprudent retirement

Post by prudentelo »

August Update

Second month of retirement and I got paid again(!) for the last time. But still running it for real. TBH wasnt sure if the ex job would actually make the payment. Cowboys! But they did actually, so I owe apology to those guys.

Spending: 1.26 JAFI-month
Side income: 0.19 JAFI-month
Net spending: 1.07 JAFI-month
Net worth: 35 years expenses (2.8% WR)

All metrics continue to improve, retirement is now so prudent my journal is basically a joke already, with WR even below 3%. Though hold on, because due to high CAPE10 it's only a little below what my CAPE-based WR rule wants me to draw.

Main cause of drop in spending is big reduction in accommodation costs. I now live on top of a big hill. Aint no one wanna climb that. Except me though. Spending even better than it looks because despite low WR a lot more of this is discretionary, "fun", with several meals out, beers out, etc. Things I was not doing in July and could easily stop if I had to. One reason for this, is I do have some fear all financial wealth will disappear in a disaster before I die. So, I have second rule to not withdraw significantly LESS than WR. I will be even more strict about spending MORE money when economic conditions don't look so horrible.

Exercise proceeding well. Getting stronger, visibly fitter, and sleep vastly better. But gonna take at least 6+ months to start to be where I want to be.

Other than that, not so much to report. "Side income" still stuff like consumer bonuses etc. which I cannot see as reliable income. Without "side income", spending a bit higher than the WR. So, going to work on moving from "low effort" to "monetize hobby" for side income.