Dutch 2022 Summer meet-up

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
rube

Dutch 2022 Summer meet-up

Post by rube »

Hi all, so based on some comments in my journal I want to see if we can organize once more a meet-up in the Netherlands.
Once we know who would like to join, we setup a doodle to see what's the best date, but my thought is to meet-up on a Saturday or Sunday in July or begin of August.

Send me a PM and include your email address if you're interested to join.

@simplex, @J_, @DutchGirl, @McTrex and @Quadelupe, I have your email addresses from previous meetups and will send an email and include you all.

McTrex

Re: Dutch 2022 Summer meet-up

Post by McTrex »

I'll be there!

simplex

Post by simplex »

let's try

rube

Re: Dutch 2022 Summer meet-up July Sunday 31st

Post by rube »

Date set at July Sunday 31st.
So far we expect J_, DutchGirl, McTrex, Quadelupe, Rube and tentative Simplex.
Please post and/or send a PM with your email address if you want to join.

gettingfired

Post by gettingfired »

Neighbor here (Belgium) - Hi!!

Just to let you guys know that if any of you find yourself in Brussels at some point, I'd be happy to have you over for dinner :)

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Hey! I've visited your highways recently on my way from Dutch Limburg to Zeeland. :lol:

And yeah, it looks like we'll meet each other in the east of the Netherlands, so any people who live in the west of Germany are also welcome to drop by. (Or actually: anyone willing to travel here is welcome to drop by :-) ).

figmenter

Post by figmenter »

I'm interested as well. Though I'm not sure yet if I'm able to come. Traveling time and costs are my main concerns which bring me to the following: If anyone else is joining from the Dutch south or Belgian north (I'm from Eindhoven), contact me to see if we can share a ride.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

Ah, I'd love to meet up but I've run out of time on my visa. :( Have fun!

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Meeting in just one week! Nice!

Maaaayyyybeee it's time to make some more definitive plans?

rube

Post by rube »

Seems the plan is coming together. 5 persons confirmed, 1 possibly. If anyone still wants to join and is not on the email exchange or have not had contact yet, let us know,

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Even with the slightly less than ideal weather (some rain), that was a really fun day and meeting. We talked about how the last time was 7 years ago. Let's do the next one sooner...

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

By the way, the position of the roofs of my house are east north east and west south west.
Perhaps they are suitable for solar panels after all?

What I didn't say yesterday during the discussion we had on solar panels is that I would want solar panels that have environmental costs to be produced to be put in such a position that they produce optimally. The most kWh for the production costs & materials used, right? For that, they should probably not be on the roof of my house, but perhaps on a flat roof somewhere near my house or maybe even better on a flat roof somewhere in North France where there is more sun and they can produce even more energy over their lifetime.

However, putting them in France means that the infrastructure would have to exist to get that energy to me in an efficient and cheap way.

So maybe the most practical solution is still to put these panels on my own roof, even though it means they will produce only say 80% of all the energy that they could produce if they were put in a more ideal situation.

rube

Re: Dutch 2022 -> 2023 Summer meet-up?

Post by rube »

DutchGirl wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:33 pm
Even with the slightly less than ideal weather (some rain), that was a really fun day and meeting. We talked about how the last time was 7 years ago. Let's do the next one sooner...
Sooner...... if enough people are up for it, maybe this summer again, somewhere end june, july or august?.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Sounds like an awesome plan! Count me in, if at all possible.

comandante

Post by comandante »

I'm super interested in this!

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

DW and I also potentially if you don't mind more international folk! I still have a voucher for a Newcastle - Amsterdam ferry from a covid cancelled bicycle trip. Let me know if you have a date and I see if we can make it :)

rube

Post by rube »

Some very fast responses this time!
@comandante and @Dutchgirl well noted.
@guitarplayer of course you would be welcome!

No date as of yet. I can send out later this month a link to the people here and some folks who participated in earlier meetups, to check which date works for most people. Or if someone else want to take care of this that's perfectly fine with me also :) .

iluv2fly1

Post by iluv2fly1 »

I'm interested, but we have a lot planned this summer so it will depend on the dates. (We live in Germany so it is a bit of a trek, but should be possible)

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

I briefly looked up the ferries, my £25 voucher pales in the face of there and back prices for two people with two bicycles starting from ~£700! I think when I was originally booking the ferry back in 2020 it was more like half that price, maybe I had spotted an amazing deal back then.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Back in the day the IJmuiden-Newcastle ferry used to have a "sleeping room" where you would sit overnight with lots of strangers in rows of chairs that could recline slightly. It was a pretty cheap way to get across. But now I see the cheapest option is a 2-person-room for the night. Upside: you'll actually sleep some, because that was pretty hard to do in those recliners. But yeah, the costs are pretty high.