Make Stuff Log

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
candide

Re: Make Stuff Log

Post by candide »

Sclass wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:42 am
I have boxes and boxes of negatives. I wonder if I really even need to do this. Maybe I should just grit my teeth and throw it all in a dumpster.
I would argue for a few representative photos from each time frame of his life. Once you get over five, the amount just starts to seem like "a lot" to anyone looking (I mean any time frame or key event).

Unless any photo "sparks joy" for you, I would say 200 or so should be plenty. Just one guys opinion -- granted, one who did this as the executor of a family member's estate.

Sclass

Re: Make Stuff Log

Post by Sclass »

Thanks for the tip. I selected and scanned only what I cared to save.

I scanned about 1000 images. It actually went pretty fast. Pop the slide in and hit the shutter button. Pop it out and toss it in the trash. The slide scanner was extremely effective and efficient. The iPhone made it very convenient to edit, store and share photos. Not bad for a free scanner. I was worried I’d have to purchase some device.

I used a three in one copier, scanner and printer combo to do the print scanning. It was a 2014 Canon 3 in 1 sitting in the junk pile. Dry ink but the scanner works great.