Becoming day shift guard in Scandinavia

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
Stahlmann

Becoming day shift guard in Scandinavia

Post by Stahlmann »

Hello North comrades,

How can I join social democracy bandwagon?

Cheers

chenda

Re: Becoming day shift guard in Scandinavia

Post by chenda »

You're Polish right? You can rock up tomorrow...

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Read this first: https://www.internations.org/expat-insi ... rope-40121

Being a EU citizen, it should be no problem.
The keyword you're looking for is "residence permit".

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

Yes, you can rock up tomorrow and settle. However, to get on the social democratic wellfare band wagon, you need to either work, study or have enough funds to support yourself. After 6 weeks you will then have free medical services, after 12 months (of work) you are eligible for unemployment benefits and tons of other rules.

https://nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/You-want-to ... EA-citizen

sky

Post by sky »

Here is how I did it:
Buy bottle of buffalo grass vodka. Get on ferry Gdansk to Kobenhavn, drink vodka with people you meet. Wake up in bed of new blue haired girlfriend. Get room in squat house. Get job delivering newspapers in the early early morning through Copenhagen. I only lasted 2 weeks though, it was all too weird.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

sky wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:04 pm
Here is how I did it:
Buy bottle of buffalo grass vodka. Get on ferry Gdansk to Kobenhavn, drink vodka with people you meet. Wake up in bed of new blue haired girlfriend. Get room in squat house. Get job delivering newspapers in the early early morning through Copenhagen. I only lasted 2 weeks though, it was all too weird.
Nice story :) Sooo, this was part of your youth or did you do that later in life?

sky

Post by sky »

As an indication when this happened, Poland was run by the communist party but Solidarnosc was up and coming. I hope that the statute of limitations on working illegally in DK has passed.

chenda

Post by chenda »

sky wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:22 am
I hope that the statute of limitations on working illegally in DK has passed.
I'm reporting you right now ;)

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

jacob wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:41 am
Read this first: https://www.internations.org/expat-insi ... rope-40121

Being a EU citizen, it should be no problem.
The keyword you're looking for is "residence permit".
Tangent: in my experience, internations’ Expat Insider survey has proven to be VERY poor at shaping an useful picture of a country/city.
Maybe I fall outside of the target audience.

UBS study “prices and earnings” has consistently been much more useful.

sky

Post by sky »

chenda wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:36 am
I'm reporting you right now ;)
I'm just trying to give Stahlman some quality life advice. Drink vodka, sleep with women you don't know, work illegally in another country..

chenda

Post by chenda »

sky wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:27 pm
I'm just trying to give Stahlman some quality life advice. Drink vodka, sleep with women you don't know, work illegally in another country..
Haha I wholeheartedly approve :)

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

moving from other topic

INPUT
- spoiled kid
- worked 33 months, ended with 60k NW
- been "do this, do that small minion"
- nothing wrong with that, but I haven't considered that the toll could be so high with given rewards
- almost Japanese style of obedience in job to the authority (or just lack of ability to stand my ground)
- maybe this creates this online extreme commie persona
- 20 months of "pursuing other interests", 40k NW
- a lot is subsidized by parents, so
- 1k/mo expenses = FALSE
- parents won't live forever
- apart from this personal goal, there's some need to give back to them, but I don't know how and this increases the difficulty of the game
- IBS, arrhythmia, big mood swing, social anxiety (at least "professionally")
- haven't slept on left side for a hell of time, during job thought it was normal as many bad things, no job, but problems persists -.-
- plan was to have 300k NW, then masturbate to death in solitary shed, having 1k/mo. "passive" income
- maybe above line is more a pipe dream
- it's more about being able to hold job and keeping as far from monetary economy as possible without so fast health deterioration
- getting Ted Kaczynski vibes
- single kid in conservative family, so there's hope to inherit something
- but it shouldn't be main plan
- earning 3-4k PLN in PL, and being happy about putting to savings account 1-3k PLN, well... it's good plan (of many possible), but health can't go down so fast
- haven't discounted health costs, so bit confused with situation
- feel betrayed, without possible solutions
- don't know how to open to other people
- the problem is to avoid catastrophic risks
- ego and expectations of Mt Everest
- IRL is not so grandiose, but cynic due to experiences
- no birth, no death, no pain crew
- retired as in being (feeling) old, no(t so much to "sacrificed" health/stress) money, no(t so bright) future
- difficult to say no to this NEET-ERE lifestyle
- incoming refugee influx is somehow motivating to take some action
- don't know how to describe to employers "pursuing other interests", thought about "this part of my CV is under NDA", but with current experience it would be rather more comical than effective
- don't know how to resurrect in friends/family circles (or social circles in general), this what I've done is some kind of war desertion, others slaved more and more invested with ego, hope they enjoy their hamster wheel
- of course above line is some kind of mental defence mechanism, I envy their ability to take big decisions (keeping job, marriage, kid, mortgage), hope they're mentally sane
- envy their health status, as a "retiree"
- last thing I want to hear is that I'm young, chronically ill, troubled individual
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs4t8Xj_U_o but not rockman, no wife, no kids, not so much sex life (but it got better than my complaints in 2016-2018 :lol:), earning on cynicism and nihilism sound good

CODE
parameters_to_optimize_by(minimum_risk, minimum_effort, no_people, maximum_capitals, age[35,40,45,50])
people=pain
define_variables(possible_jobs, locations, wheres_problem)

COMMENTS
what's solution space?
how to avoid residual resentment?

Jean

Post by Jean »

Have you tried going into military?
I had similar issues, but i was pretty happy in the military.
I have a friend who could have written your last post, and he was also happy in the military.

sky

Post by sky »

If you were saving USD $670 per month you were doing very well, even in comparison to workers in the US. I don't think I was able to save that much when I had a home mortgage and car payment.

The price of investments is dropping right now, it is a good time to be saving and investing each month.

I don't know much about the job situation in your country, but my recommendation is to go back to work.

The accumulation phase generally sucks. I still have nightmares from my job. Try to find a career or just a job that fits you. Its not easy. Maybe take an easier, lower paying job for better conditions? But often lower paying jobs are worse conditions. I don't have much advice here other than start looking for work as see what job offers are out there.

It sounds like you have a very good situation. As to what to do for your parents, give your mom a hug, tell your dad good morning, do the dishes, if something breaks, help fix it. That is what they need from you. You probably already do this.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

I got this in my LI from junior recruiter who probably using premium feature of spamming their leads. So… I'm worried I'm just a number in her game... but I need to take action. It also makes me feel better. In bold, I write what I've done in last gig.

Is anybody interested in coaching or outplaying it with Stanislavsky method, as once @MI pointed out?
Life is theatre, so let's make good piece :)
Somebody wrote on one of FIRE FB group - always have friend who will provide references.
I heard crazy stories about recruitment eckhm help for remote positions (this one is on-site).
I can give you 30% eckhm thanking bonus for first 2 months.

Project Manager Assistant
- UOP up to PLN 11 200 zł gross / month
what's minimum :lol:

Industry: banking (I suspect it's Scandinavian)

Tasks:
• Ensure Scrum events are taking place and facilitate those if needed
rather waterfall, but if people have coffee in the morning together (with boss), can it count as "sprint"?
working in small environment and being fucked by bigger player (and his whims) could be called "agile"?

• Support in creation and usage of team dashboards, burndown chart, velocity graphs, cycle time, JIRA metrics etc.
coloring rows in excel ( :lol: )
• Coaching, promoting and sharing knowledge in regards to Agile/Scrum/SAFe framework
I worked in <50 person organization. No RPG paths of development

• Removing impediments and distractions that are interfering with the team productivity
• Building team ownership in order to promote self-organization and understanding for product / project goals
• Apply servant leadership and act as a change agent
• Collaborate with Dev Teams, Product Owners/Product Managers, Applications providers and Owners and other Scrum Masters within the Solution HUB
• Collaborate with external environment of the project (Infrastructure teams, security, compliance)

Requirements:
• Effective coordination of scoping work, design workshops and key communication forums
• General understanding of IT Infrastructure
• Firm grasp of Agile methodologies (SAFe/Scrum)
• Good understanding of continuous integration and deployment pipelines
• Knowledge of systems development lifecycle, including technology standards and relevant best practices
• Accustomed to frequent feedback loops and comfortable in challenging conversations
• Fluent English

Maybe my cynic and self-hatred attitude towards myself is based on that I ended last gig with self-doubt if I can write simple email and communicate with other co-workers. I think I see above job of glorified administrator/secretary (or I'm just mistaken :lol: , the pay is so high), so I think I could translate my last talents towards this. I think even know somebodies who work over here... but I don't know how to show "pursuing other interests" as something positive in process of connection (now), he's scrum master over here, I asked him in 2020.07 about getting into programming, but "pursuing other interests" happened.

Edit: job offer sounds like scrum master position. I like being parasite, but I don't like people and effort :lol: I I lack charm definitely. I can't express it in healthy way. On the other front, I like being "armchair general". I like helping people (if they aren't against me). In the Office universe, I would be Dwight Schutte, but without this bend towards power and even more autistic towards habits or structure/the system (yea, very anti-Gervais lesson). It must be said I was speaking on most days less than 15 minutes for 2 last years. I was student representative for 1-2 years. I gave idea to student circle which helped me to meet for example guy from former paragraph. At the end, I don't know who I'm :lol:

zbigi

Post by zbigi »

Stahlmann wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:25 pm
Sounds like a Scrum Master position at Nordea. I know this company very well. The position is not called Scrum Master in the ad because, at Nordea, they are also tasked with various trivial administrative crap and are, as my boss called them in a moment of honesty, "an all-around janitors".

Do you have any relevant previous experience for this? This is an ad for someone with experience, otherwise it would be posted as "junior" or something like that.

As for the general fit, this is a bullshiter's role, so you have to ask yourself if you can be smooth as butter in all your human contact. You'll be fairly often on the front line, presenting stuff at meeting (although usually trivial and mechanical things like quarterly productivity stats etc), gathering feedback from people. It really helps to be a well-liked people person for this. I've seen some guys who tried to do this who were rather moody or combative and it didn't go well for them - engineers tolerate SMs only if they like them (and even then there's often a hint of resentment - "hey, I'm working hard over here, while this bastard SM is getting paid doing fuck-all"), otherwise it's just too easy to humiliate them as they are typically easy targets with their bullshit responsibilities and lack of technical understanding.

On the other hand, if you're willing to give it your all and really try to grow into the role, this is a fantastic career path for a self-declared master slacker :) However, compared to being a day shift guard, it's certainly on a different planet w.r.t. skills required and level of stress - that's why it pays several times more.

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

Yeah that is going to be a no for me - product lead, scrum master, and the like - wayyyy too stressful. :lol: Been there and done that as a consultant. The roles are often undefined and if you're not comfortable with ambiguity then this will drive you insane.

I would suggest instead for the purposes of accumulation phase is to specialize in a skill and be so good "they can't ignore you." https://www.amazon.com/Good-They-Cant-I ... 1455509124 Do that and you might find a role that pays well, and requires 40 hours of "work" a week but really you're so good you're getting stuff done in 2-3 hours daily and looking like a rock star. For the non-paying well roles, think of like Einstein working at the patent office.

Examples:

1.) An accountant that specializes in blocked invoices for some enterprise resource planning system.
2.) A database manager that just ensures the automated scripts are running everyday without errors.
3.) A hotel night auditor.
4.) A government budget analyst (aim for the small agencies).

For more ideas, browse Reddit financial independence topics and look for users who report "being so bored at work; I don't know why they pay me this much" and ask what they do...

Edit: For job security...look up your country's bureau of labor statistics or equivalent to that and look for fields that are at least stabilized / growing.