Really High Used Car Market

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
seanconn256

Really High Used Car Market

Post by seanconn256 »

https://www.axios.com/used-car-market-p ... 96de1.html

Looking at this article, it looks like the used car market is up 38% from last year.
For example, the KBB value of my honda civic at 90k miles today is worth the same as when I bought it in 2017 with 25k miles on it.

I thought this may be interesting information for people who are on the fence about going car-free. You may be able to really cut depreciation costs down or even come out positive.

Bicycle7

Re: Really High Used Car Market

Post by Bicycle7 »

I just checked the KBB value on my 2006 Scion XA, I paid $3800 for it and the KBB is above $7000. I have only driven it about 7000 miles since I bought it a couple of years ago.

As far as cars go, it has been pretty cheap to own it. However of course the car needs to be sold to liquidate the value. It's hard to tell what the car market could look like in the future.

Bz5

Re: Really High Used Car Market

Post by Bz5 »

Cars are seductive. They give you access to high paying work far from cheap housing.

We are in the electric transition era.

I am selling my classic car, because if I get in an accident, what I would replace it with is a modern mess that will be in a junkyard in 5 years.

Electrics are going to get really good and cheap. Cities will have ridehailment services of the autonomous variety.

It would be a good idea to learn how to live without ICE.