Bz5 Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Bz5

Re: Bz5 Journal

Post by Bz5 »

Good News!

I quit this trash job.

My stoicism ran out. I got stonewalled too much.

Being stoic is energy intensive when there are better options. Most of the energy is preventing the mind wandering to a better option.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

That is good news! it sounds like things are going well.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

Yes, they are.

I have been employed or in school for years back to back.

Has anyone here read rich dad poor dad? My dad was just like the poor dad.

I had a large sense of interpersonal value from working.

I look forward to a period of far less work. This will keep it interesting.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

A hurdle that makes ERE difficult for me to adapt to is the fact that I minimize my own personal contribution through my interests.

In the Mormon monoculture, certain interests are seen as non-industrious. Self employment is one of those. The religion relied on codepencency.

In breaking that conditioning, I find it much easier to produce things that are extreme in content. This is why Buttmushroom is the key to all of this.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

You have no choice.

That is what I have seen now after witnessing the Gervais principle firsthand at work.

A low level sociopath did indeed get promoted over me by a higher level sociopath.

I have been in the clueless category, a useful idiot.

I quit work once I witnessed this play out.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

Also, my boss became violent with me.

-----------

Some other observations:

I see a lot of nomadicism in these decisions. To reduce costs, things are constantly fluctuating.

Terrain is moving underfoot.

A big change for me is minaturization.

I preferred tools before that were big, with big components, easy to fix, etc.

A good example of this is my Toyota Pickup truck. It is in the crosshairs for selling.

(If you would have told me 3 months ago that I would be selling it then, i would have not believed you.)

It is really easy for me to repair. But with ere, it makes more sense to live in an office or something.

It's getting to the point in my life where in order to optimize, I have to be so light I am living in a backpack, and moving around on a bicycle.

I am readapting my map to accomodate for modern, superlight minaturized equipment.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

This is really a personality change in me.

As a child I had trauma happen to me which caused resentment.

As a child, having a lot of resentment and being small meant for me I was attached to big hammer like strong solutions to hide my weaknesses.

A child is not very good at determining what his weaknesses are. I have determined what my biggest weaknesses are now, and they are a lot different.

I am forming new identity every day.

So instead of a Toughbook 19, these smaller mobile phone options make sense. 'they can be placed in a plastic bag for waterproofing, especially if i do the canal canoe life.

Way less power drain as well. that is a big problem for me, power drain.

I am looking into the CutiePi for learning electronics through. It is small and extremely capable.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

Focus on high efficiency and low carrying cost. This supports being between jobs as long as possible/ greater amount of personal time.

Obamacare.

Move to places with high community resources.

Stealth is #1.

Between handling hostile people and animals, Animals every time. The only animals that report your location to humans in lay human understanding are dogs.

Der Leiermann

Post by Der Leiermann »

Good on you for quitting the job. Didn’t sound like a healthy environment. Do you have any concrete plans for the immediate future before your bike travels?

Bz5

Juicing the Dunning Kreuger Pineapple.

Post by Bz5 »

Der Leiermann,

One of my current plans is I am purchasing a Brompton on Monday.

It's hands down the best bicycle there is for urban space utilization.

I need to understand how to use urban/semi urban spaces. A bicycle that I can climb with makes that more of a possibility.

It's about the stealth camping.

I am reducing the items I own down to a small backpack worth. Clothes, Documents, Computers all fitting into a much smalller space.

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

I wouldn't recommend a Brompton for cycle touring/bikepacking etc. As cool as they are, the advantages of folding up are far outweighed by the negatives. A solid rigid commuter/gravel/MTB that looks non-descript will get you places easier, draw less attention, and cost way less to maintain or replace when the time comes.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

The brompton is designed for long distance touring.

Future post formatting:

Sections:

General AAR:

The general report on the running projects is posted here in a prose format. 10 day reporting.

MR: Minaturization report:

Report on a permanent minaturization is stored here:

Eventually this section will be retired because I will complete the minaturization phase and put it on maintenance.

NIS: New information source:

This section is for new crucial information that directly affects the working paradigm.

NIS: New income stream:

New income streams are reported here. Income must be at least 10 dollars recurring.

This includes:

Internet income streams.

Jobs

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

Lol, ok. Godspeed

macg

Post by macg »

2birds1stone is correct, there are dozens of bikes that are far better than Bromptons for bike touring/bikepacking.

It seems like there continues to be "scope creep" in your plans... At this point, I'd suggest just doing rather than thinking. You think you might like bike touring? Get a cheaper bike and just go. Forget all the so-called "necessities" and follow the sun. Restaurants/libraries/cafes to charge up whatever electronics you bring, simple tent, pannier or two worth of stuff.

Worst case, you get a month in and decide it's not for you, then you change direction. It doesn't sound like you have anything holding you back, except maybe the desire to have a perfect road map of how everything will go... And that will never happen.

Good luck!

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people wrongly overestimate their knowledge or ability in a specific area. This tends to occur because a lack of self-awareness prevents them from accurately assessing their own skills.

That's why it looks incongruent/ many scopes here. I write honest stream of consciousness into my journal on the site, because I don't feel like it is honest to portray things looking better than they are.

I just am not as smart or skilled as I think I am. So I will display the folly as reality here.

zbigi

Post by zbigi »

Bz5 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Publish the ButtMushroom video game.
Interesting! Do you have any screenshots or links that you could share?

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

I took a break from the forum to get more data and answer more questions.

When I was in California, I was not eating food at all, and getting no sunlight. Very rainy there.

I was delirious and suffering, and that is reflected in my writing.

I look back at what I wrote, and i think, man.

So I left California.

I did the ERE analysis and moved to Tucson, AZ.

https://www.tucsonaz.gov/files/gov/Pima ... ate_V4.pdf

It is bike friendly, and 49cc bicycle conversions can ride in bicycle lanes. I want a motorized bicycle because I have a physical barrier to car ownership through my health right now, I have been sedentary. Sleeping sitting up has caused my feet to pool fluid.

8 miles away is public lands all around.

I think I am ready to get rid of the car. I emotionally put a lot into it. I even found a solid axle housing and bought it.

I was getting to the bottom of why I wanted a solid axle swap, and it is because it would add peace of mind to my housing situaton in the car. A really easy to fix vehicle. What is turning me off to all of this is that even if I fix up my car nice, it still only gets 12-17 mpg.

I also got 4wding out of my system. I went on a 4wd excursion all day with the Tucson Rough riders. After looking at what they do, it was uncomfortable. I would rather have the health to be on foot, foraging for food.

I also am seeing ads for rooms for 400 per month here.

It represents a large change for me, and I am afraid to get rid of the car still, because it is my escape route in my mind. I also have grown to like it, it has been the most reilable car I have owned.

In ERE, I even knew that I wouldn't have a car long term. If I had 1000 per month, I would be slow traveling se Asia, not back here in the states. I want almost nothing here so i can just get on a flight and leave.

That's an update. I know I haven't answered some basic questions that have been asked yet, such as income, assets.

Ill get to those in time. But for now, things are going really well.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

However, if I can't find a room for 400 that isn't a scam, or actually set myself up the way i want to here, i will move forward with the solid axle swap/rv conversion on the truck.

The cost is more like 2000 after calculations. I also found a lot of used parts in the non rusty wrecking yards here.

You see, I like my autonomy. Relying on other people for housing is not something I want to do. I would rather go to the gym. That has been my life experience up until this point.

When I was a child, I was thrown out of the house over and over. This puts me in the position that I want to keep my independence.

The other reason to keep the truck is because I want to mobile weld again. I started a mobile welding business that failed, but I want to try again, and I have the truck to do it.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

Glad to hear the update bz5, sounds like things are going in the right direction. At least - it sounds like the ‘emergency’ nature of your situation has been alleviated significantly, and you’re in a better place to make decisions and think about your lifestyle. Awesome. Keep us posted.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

I have a pending employment offer from Amazon Warehouse for the night shift. 17.90 per hour in this low col area.

In my underfueled state prior, I just wanted out. I still want out.

I want self employment more than ERE. Self employment in welding. I can always find a trash job/car to survive from. I want customers.