ERE Wheaton Map project: Green origin

The "other" ERE. Societal aspects of the ERE philosophy. Emergent change-making, scale-effects,...
berrytwo

Re: ERE Wheaton Map project: Green origin

Post by berrytwo »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:07 am
@berrytwo:

I think it might be a West Coast vs East Coast vs. West Coast & East Coast Meeting in Midwest University town thing, but I am having a bit of a difficult time placing the individuals in my social circle who I think of as being Green on your map. I think mostly this is due to the emphasis on spirituality. For instance, one of my sisters, who currently resides in NYC, was a queer-punk activist/artist in the 90s and then became an anti- death penalty activist public defender in the aughts, but she thought that even the Unitarian Universalist service that we attended on Christmas eve was too woo. Maybe there is another dimension that kind of runs from hard Punk to soft Woo that those who are Green may inhabit, depending upon whether they are pulling more on Red or Purple? Or a similar hard edgy to soft rounded spectrum might be Hacker-> Hipster -> Hippie. Of course, I may also be somewhat conflating Green and Orange/Yellow, dunno.
I think you are totally right. This maps the West Coast woo woo water I swim, hippie archetype, but lacks the Hacker and Hipster. I agree I just mapped out a purple-Green spiral, and predominantly cool-leaning. I also wonder about places like Norway, seems like there is another archetype with that (Humanitarian?) Maybe a more pure Green or Green/ yellow.

Thinking about all this in terms of Wheaton levels, I think that there needs to be niches that move people up the levels until a certain point... Strong branding, works well for tier 1. It's true that the name Early Retirement Extreme was quite repulsive to me several years ago when my more Orange-leaning BF first got into it. I wouldn't be on here if it wasn't for him translating ERE into Green, when I was VERY green, until finally I was like dang this Jacob guy and the rest of these people want similar things to what I am hoping for and have some helpful perspectives that I leave out. I don't imagine that it would be possible to move all colors with one system, even if it did have a more 'neutral name." In our Spiral Talk, we spoke about how it is almost impossible to have a neutral name (except maybe a made-up word or number.)

Similarly, I think about this post (this is the very first search result when you look up Spiral in the forums.)
Jacob wrote:
In particular, I think this particular tension comes from blue (tradition/conservative) vs orange-red (young tech professionals) and my own desire to superpose and expand the system. I find the intermutual prejudices (see expanded menu system on https://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/en/blue/ ) particularly insightful. In particular, I think the overall ^vMeme of the forum is currently dominated by red/orange while I seek to make it more yellow (as seen in the recent "upgrade" to the Wheaton table) (work in progress).
I think Early Retirement Extreme did attract/ brand orange-red type with this name (which I think is cool in a lot of ways!) And when there was a shift in desire to move towards a Yellow future, it makes sense that there was a rebrand to a more Green/ Yellow attracter. It seems to me that the forums have moved in that direction...