COVID model - Bio stats observations and questions

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
white belt

Re: COVID model - Bio stats observations and questions

Post by white belt »

Planning/conducting a violent attack against the US government is associated with being a RMVE or anti-government/anti-authority violent extremist. That is quite different than just “opposing COVID measures.”

These Terrorism Alerts are built by the intelligence community and based on calculated risks from a variety of measures. Nothing I read in that report is surprising. If enough people make violent threats online or in person against the US government for a specific reason, it’s going to eventually end up in one of these reports.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

Nothing in the report is surprising to me either.

I was merely pointing out that opposition to Covid measures is now being associated with being a caveman (“PS I am vaccinated” being considered as a necessary post-script to separate oneself from cavemen) and that NBC put “Opposition to Covid measures” as bullet point number one on their Potential Terror Threats graphic.

Here is the graphic one more time:

chenda

Post by chenda »

@MI I think maybe you are over reading into this. It was amongst the first points in the report (as you indicated) and the top of a news report. I don't think anyone serious is really suggesting opposing covid measures makes someone a terrorist, caveman or anything like that.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

boomly wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:15 am
Yes, we do hear of some re-infections, and "break-through" infections, but the majority of the delta's fodder is naïve immune systems. As long as it has lots of completely non-resistant individuals to infect, immune-evading strains will not be dominant.
The CDC is only tracking breakthrough COVID infections when the infection results in hospitalization (or death), thus you're not getting a complete picture when looking at CDC stats. Breakthrough infections not resulting in hospitalization are just counted as infections by the CDC.

Oregon Health Administration, however, has tracked breakthrough infections. In July, 19% of COVID infections were breakthrough while the remaining 81% were unvaccinated individuals. Hospitalization of breakthrough infection cases was 7% (1-in-14 breakthrough infections). The breakthrough infections only began increasing during July, after mask requirements were universally dropped and Delta variant was estimated to be 90% of Oregon's COVID infections.