Sublimation2026

Say hello!!
Sublimation2026

Sublimation2026

Post by Sublimation2026 »

This was my old journal from four years ago: viewtopic.php?t=9381

In this post, I'd like to summarise loosely what I've been doing since my last post here. I'm here because my intention for keeping a journal on a public forum is to hold me accountable for saving and sticking to a realistic budget. In my old journal I was very sensitive and I still am. Are we all sensitive yet some are more vocal about it than others?

Since my last post here, my life has been doing something different on a month to month basis. But then that's life, a fire hose of opportunities and lessons. I had lived an isolated life between 19 and 23 but it was a lovely and peaceful time. I lived with a housemate who moved overseas and is now one of my dear friends. I read a lot of fiction (and of course Jacob's Early Retirement Extreme). I thought about what I wanted to do with my life. I was very hard on myself, but real interpersonal growth was happening.

I met a girl who became my partner for two years, we broke up last year. In hindsight it was a toxic relationship on all fronts. The heart leads the blind and unaware, and it's only with retrospect we can see a little better. I told her about my ERE aspirations and she thought it was utterly ridiculous and laughable. I never forgot about ERE, but I certainly turned my back on it for a while. We rented a place together. I decided I wanted to do tattooing. I drew for a year every day but found the prospect of doing an unpaid tattoo apprenticeship unrealistic. I found an apprenticeship in construction that pays well above the minimum award rate and has already taught me to do my own jobs. I broke up with this girl. I made some new friends. I learned a lot about myself. I'm with a new girl now, who I can say without a doubt I can see myself with for the rest of my life. This has not happened to me before, I have always been apprehensive about long term relationships. Now I find myself wanting the whole shooting show with her, if it works out. Go figure. We've been together for about seven months now, living separately.

I will probably write more on my escapades during my four year hiatus from ERE, but for now I want to write about the present.

Sublimation is transforming a base impulse into something beautiful. A base impulse is something that can be improved upon or rather an ingredient for something better, something truly great. In my case, I already lead a good life. I am grateful for my position. I have dark days, days where I look at my life and shake my head and wonder why in the world I do what I do, and I believe that only comes from the fact that I rely on a wage to sustain my existence. Well, not for long! By 2026 I want to have enough money saved and invested so I don't have to work anymore. I probably will keep working, but only for myself and on my terms.

In my opinion this forum is one of the best out there and I hope that my posts increase the quality of this community. Thank you for reading.

AxelHeyst

Re: Sublimation2026

Post by AxelHeyst »

Welcome back sublimation, looking forward to following along.

supersteve

Re: Sublimation2026

Post by supersteve »

Welcome back, thanks for re-introducing yourself!