Priority 1: Health

Where are you and where are you going?
Humanofearth

Re: Priority 1: Health

Post by Humanofearth »

Weight exactly same. Gained some weight on a trip, losing it back now, going well. Body looks nice though.

I was having A5 wagyu every day and this stalled my weight loss. Back to chicken breast. Bought a sous vide machine, makes meat perfectly. Chicken breast for 4 hours at 63, so perfect. any hard steak (chuck, lean beef) for 24 hours at 23, or soft meat (tenderloin) at 4 hours, perfect.

I realized chicken breast and lean beef are better than wagyu.

I had bingsu out every day thinking it was lower calorie, bought a bingsu machine and realized I was eating not shaved ice like I make at home now, but shaved full fat milk with sugar. This health goal shows me how empty most experiences are. Eating out-extra calories, less nutrients, less money. Travel- less healthy than my sleep and gym and healthy diet routine. Most foods don't compare to broccoli, mushrooms, and chicken breast macro wise. I was using the spare calories left over to eat out before but I can't think of where else to eat out. New italian? Seriously, what is there to spend money on?

I have rich friends at the gym, we've lived at similar places, I've seen their rooms, work so hard for ... a backlit toilet, a tub with nice lighting? I have hot water, healthy food, what else?

I want kids, if I give them too much it ruins them. Give them health, skills, a desire to work and produce for themselves intelligently. Best school is online, I can afford any teacher but if they're motivated, they'll learn whatever subject in spite of bad teachers.

I learn more from twitter, youtube, personal projects, forums than university.

I feel better from suffering for a goal than having everything easy. Practicing not eating out every day, self-restraint in dating, health, spending, feels more fulfilling than running through the short term indulgences and yields better results.

So I see that most expenses are status goods that bring negative utility. Have a family, what else is there? I think I should just spend a few days meditating but it doesn't bring eternal peace yet.

Humanofearth

Re: Priority 1: Health

Post by Humanofearth »

In Japan 2nd time in past year, gaining weight quickly because I’m eating so much. This has been my experience, I gain weight as I travel, lose it when going back to my home base but I’ve travelled a lot recently. Was barely home 2-3 weeks and travelled again.

Withdrawal rate under 3% again. Realizing I suck at trading, lost to btc even with good set ups due to poor sizing. Up way more than S&P but btc is my benchmark. If I don’t beat it, might as well just diamond hand like a maxi and be better off with less work, focus on working out, traveling, and enjoying life instead.

Life is good, more money than I ever need again. Just wish I never sold any btc during the bear and accumulated amap, wish I’d taken profits off my luck last bull but hey, I still have more than enough and it’s meaningless digits on a screen. I’ll take trips to Singapore and Dubai and Latin America later this year but going so far is tiring even in business class. Running out of places I care to see and thinking more to start a family within the next couple years.