Introduction

Say hello!!
Michielbloem

Introduction

Post by Michielbloem »

Hi, I am Michiel. 56 yo, real estate man. Did up my property in Italy, and basically lived off that for the last 20 years, making 25k/annum.
Since I have been renting in Amsterdam, at a very low price, I never decided to buy there.
I am looking for leads, anywhere really, to buy rentable real estate under 100k,including restauration, which should rent for 700/month.
Does anyone here have experience in buying in areas like Detroit ? Allegedly it should fetch a 40% yield. Is that realistic ?
What r your thoughts regarding buying land and building a tiny house with wheels on it ?
In order to share my thoughts re frugal lifestyle, my situation looks like this on a monthly basis :
Rent 305
Services 45
Internet 14
Car insurance and taxes 120
Food 150 ( I love cooking, and so does my gf !
Gas 50
Totals. 684
The car could go but with corona and mouthmasks I decided to buy one anyway. plan is to rent out the car, bought for 2200, a nice cabrio,in the summermonths.
With corona, rentals are a challenge, but the first booking 2021 is in.
You could say that I have been ER and FIRE at 38. Doing nothing is too boring but I feel many people are wasting their energy on the wrong things. Would anyone be interested in participating in a vlog re this lifestyle ?