Lifespan

Your favorite books and links
chenda

Re: Lifespan

Post by chenda »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:46 pm
And, I could even throw in the fact that two of my relatives were prosecuted for witchcraft near Salem to make it seem more legit.
Did that impact their lifespan ?

Humanofearth

Post by Humanofearth »

Curious how we’re on page 3 and not a single mention of stem cells, probably the best of all for reversal age. The good stuff I’ve found is 5-15k for a week of treatment depending on the intensity and dose. Seen it heal damaged body parts better than years of physical therapy. I’m not old like the normal patients but I’ll probably pick some up in a year or 2. Seems one of the best roi I can find.

I did some vitamin and nad drips. Felt sick sick with the nad drip at the time.

Salathor

Post by Salathor »

Honestly, that whole blueprint thing looks like someone who is terrified of death and is struggling to get some measure of grip over that fear. Your body is not designed to need a $2000 per month food budget. It just isn't. You're "optimizing" at the expense of mental health and enabling a phobia.

Ego

Post by Ego »

Lemur wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:16 pm
@ego - Holy crap and I thought I was optimized. Thanks for sharing that!
Glad you enjoyed it. I figure there must be one or two things we can learn from him without adopting the whole project. One of the things I found remarkable is the number of things that can be measured.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

Salathor wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:02 pm
Honestly, that whole blueprint thing looks like someone who is terrified of death and is struggling to get some measure of grip over that fear.
when i watched him on huberman he struck me as more of a narcissist. can't put my finger on it but there's something sociopathic there. the way he talked about competing with other researchers; also, how his hair is dyed. Definitely a guy that's playing the game - i wouldn't be surprised if he picked ageing because it's a grandiose project which is both applicable to all, maximizing his potential audience, and the sort of thing the extremely rich are likely to spend money on. Regardless, I agree with you on the main point that something's off there.

This doesn't prevent one from using the part of his conclusions that is actually useful, but still, it's good to keep one in mind. It's an 80/20 thing: the general, well-known principles (calorie restriction, fasting/time-restricted feeding, an exercise regimen, and staying away from a. sugar and b. animal products which tend to activate the mtor pathway) will lead one a long way. Any supplements on top of that are just a tweak.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

chenda wrote:Did that impact their lifespan ?
Yes, quite negatively.
She never gave up as even from the scaffold, her voice was heard asserting her innocence refusing to confess to "a falsehood so filthy"...The Salem documents themselves reveal that her crime was not witchcraft but an independence of mind and an unsubmissive character.
However, even today, the claim to magical powers remains a pretty good marketing tool. For instance, I used to tell fortunes with playing cards at parties with some success.
Humanofearth wrote: not a single mention of stem cells, probably the best of all for reversal age.
Or, you could also throw down for a diet of nothing but human breast milk. Or. better still, just place yourself in suspended animation in a warm pod filled with it.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:36 am
However, even today, the claim to magical powers remains a pretty good marketing tool. For instance, I used to tell fortunes with playing cards at parties with some success.
In Chicago (and presumably many other places in the US as well) there's even a specific check box and business license for running a "psychic business". (Unlike my/ERE business of "I don't really do anything but collect royalty checks" which tends to confuse the hell out of the office drone behind the bullet proof glass panel, whenever I have to renew my business license.)

chenda

Post by chenda »

@7wannabe5 - Fair play to her.

Astrology alone is a multi-billion dollar industry. I know of a Portuguese witch who apparently has thriving business in online fortune telling. Though she looks the part and apparently has the right ancestral pedigree.

Perhaps I should give it a go :?

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

When light hits the human eye, the brain searches for a matching pattern and only alters it as necessary to better match reality. Therefore, by communicating a strong vision of the future to a human, you influence their ability to pattern match into the future. Of course, "According to this line on your hand, you will live to be 100" and "If you buy this supplement and stick to this complicated practice, you will live to be 100" are win/win for the predictor.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Right, natural selection has given us all an over sensitivity to pattern recognition, so ghosts are culturally universal and at least subjectively real. I had a Tarot reading once and I found it useful, if only to prompt me into asking myself useful questions. I think we sometimes throw the baby out with the bathwater when we dismiss this sort of thing as all woo.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@chenda:

Right, the inter-subjective reality that humans share regarding the spookiness of trees that seem to have human faces or the ghoulishness of humans who try to achieve immortality is stronger than, for instance, our inter-subjective belief in SAT scores.

Scott 2

Post by Scott 2 »

I give blueprint guy credit for his transparency and determination. Anyway you cut it, that's a hard way to live. I couldn't do it.

His use of TRT jumps out at me:

Testosterone: 769
Testosterone 2mg patch 6x weekly

The numbers are pretty high for a 45 year old. I bet that is a factor in his appearance.

I thought taking androgens reduced lifespan. As did hard training or holding substantial muscle mass. Increased cell activity offers more chances for cancer to develop. Most of the longevity enthusiasts have physiques bordering on frail. It's interesting to see him take an opposite tact.

The next book in my longevity queue is True Age by Morgan Levine:

https://www.amazon.com/True-Age-Cutting ... 0593329287

She was interviewed by Rhonda Patrick about a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dOofH4PC9w

I'll be thinking of blueprint guy as I read.

white belt

Post by white belt »

Scott 2 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:49 pm

Wait this guy has just been on gear this whole time? That's enough to make me question the credibility of most things he says. No diet or lifestyle changes will make as much of a difference as just mainlining testosterone. That's the secret to the fountain of youth, although as you point out, higher testosterone is not great for longevity purposes.

Ever notice there are a ton of celebrities who seem to mysteriously get buff after age 40 or 50 when they've spent their whole life sedentary? See Jeff Bezos but there are so many examples. That's just TRT.
Last edited by white belt on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ego

Post by Ego »

Scott 2 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:49 pm

When you posted this, I thought for sure you were confusing him with the Liver King guy who has the same name with a slightly different spelling. But there is TRT, hidden in plain sight as the second to last item under Supplements > Other. Had I know I would not have posted the link to his site.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I did have an older partner (69/70 when I was dating him) who took testosterone. He was very active in his youth and said that prior to starting the testosterone he was feeling like he was drying up like an old leaf ready to blow away. He was lively enough to attract 44/45 year old version of me. I haven't seen him in a number of years, but I know he's still alive and mentally cogent (engaged in one of his passion projects) at 82.

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

Why the objection?

As far as I know, most people who're taking TRT are also eating a ton of meat, lifting daily to take advantage of the enhanced recovery from anabolic hormone advantages, in an effort to look young and muscular.

Not too many are doing whole food plant based with intermittent fasting and TRT....That is new to me and to me it seems Blueprint man is trying to take advantages of both worlds. Why couldn't that be life promoting instead and enhance lifespan?

As far as I know, T is essential for male vitality and mental health and low T is associated with a lot of different issues physically and mentally. And only when taking excess above normal levels does one encounter issues like enlarged heart, etc. I've vaguely read somewhere that a male's natural T-levels don't have to necessarily decrease with age - this only happens to those with poor diet and lifestyle...which is like 95% + following standard western diets.

Is the objection a moral one? Or am I missing something about taking Testosterone itself in regards to lifespan?

mathiverse

Post by mathiverse »

Lemur wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:14 pm
Why the objection?
Based on the replies above yours, some people are objecting because they suspect a large proportion of the positive, anti-aging effects seen by the blueprint article author may be due to testosterone use alone. One can't tell based on the information given whether the beneficial effects would have happened without testosterone use.

Ego

Post by Ego »

Lemur wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:14 pm
Why the objection?
Well, I have an unusual view of ingesting hormones. I believe that in the future we will look back on the blasé manner with which we administer present-day hormone treatments and consider it as barbaric as we now think of pre-Lister surgeries.

Treating symptoms often makes underlying problems worse. A good example is when the supplementation of things that are naturally produced or synthesized by the body causes the natural production/synthetization to cease. CoQ10 comes to mind. I know there is a term for this phenomenon but I can never remember it. Anyone?

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

Understood. TRT is not accessible to most people as far as I know … unless it’s just one of those things nowadays you just ask for and you shall receive. I’d be skeptical of taking this stuff myself. I don’t mind watching other Guinea pigs though.

white belt

Post by white belt »

I didn’t realize this is the same guy who founded Venmo and currently has a net worth of over $400 million.

mathiverse wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:41 pm

Based on the replies above yours, some people are objecting because they suspect a large proportion of the positive, anti-aging effects seen by the blueprint article author may be due to testosterone use alone. One can't tell based on the information given whether the beneficial effects would have happened without testosterone use

Basically this.

So normal T range is 300-900 ng/dL. His T reading is currently 769. TRT is only available by doctor prescription and is meant for those with T under 300. That means 1) He found a doctor that prescribed him TRT even though he clearly didn’t need it because all of his other bio hacking should at least be able to keep his T within a normal range or 2) His bio hacking has little or even a counterproductive effect on his T levels which is why he needs TRT. So what does that say about the applicability of this stuff for the average person who will just follow along with supplements and behavioral changes but can’t afford/qualify for TRT?

I do give him credit for at least listing it as a supplement. Most of these guys just lie completely about any TRT use.