MEA - halfway there?

Where are you and where are you going?
MEA

Re: MEA - halfway there?

Post by MEA »

Thanks for the questions! I'm not really into the airline miles thing because it seems like I always end up on a different carrier. Prob should pay better attention to that, though. I'm also adverse to the rewards-type programs that take some time to sign up for and remember a number and stuff. Not sure why, it's just a strange part of my personality, I guess.

The shelf was, um, passable. :P It ended up being pretty shallow because I hit the back side of the wall. Maybe only ~3" deep. Hopefully it will still be useful for something. Still waiting on a convenient time to run by Home Depot and pick up the trim to finish it. Maybe I'll post some pictures later. All in all, it was a pretty easy project, but I would try to choose an area where the shelf could be deeper next time.

Next up is a barn door for the bathroom. When the swinging door opens, it fills about 25% of the bathroom space. So DW really wants that replaced and I think it will be a fun project.

MEA

Re: MEA - halfway there?

Post by MEA »

Has anybody heard of K&N reusable home AC filters? They're pretty cool... They cost about $40 but should last forever. There are cheaper alternatives than the K&N brand, too. The only downside I've seen is that the filters are pretty heavy so I wouldn't recommend them if your AC vent is overhead.

Anyway, we had to pull the reusable AC filters out of our old house because I didn't want them to fall on an unsuspecting renter. Today, I trimmed one down to the right size for our new house. It was a pretty fun, easy project that will save us a couple bucks a month, forever.