L's Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
BookLoverL

Re: L's Journal

Post by BookLoverL »

Yeah, unfortunately the damage happened long ago enough that I've completely forgotten what might have happened to the tab holder at all unfortunately.

I'll try and see if I can manage something based on your diagram, if I can't then I guess I'll have to give in and buy a new slider.

BookLoverL

Post by BookLoverL »

Finished a patch repair on a different pair of trousers that had a hole in the butt. Those trousers are ones I wear to casual things, so a visible patch with contrasting stitching will actually enhance them IMO for what I wear them for.

BookLoverL

Post by BookLoverL »

Ok, here's what I've gone with with the zip at the moment, using a combination of a chainmail ring, a paperclip, and 2 little wires with hoops on the end from the random jewellery kit my mum bought ages ago for some reason but never used:

https://imgur.com/a/3xndI8G

It's still a bit fiddly because the lever only activates when you pull the ring up, not down, so you have to pull it with one hand and then push the zip down with the other or something. But it's significantly easier on the fingers than trying to grab that one tiny lever with your fingernail, and zipping up is easier too. Might change out the paperclip with a more aesthetic pulling thing at some point.

I haven't really done this sort of thing before, so it took some experimenting to find something that wouldn't fall off.

basuragomi

Post by basuragomi »

If it works it works. Maybe you could do a dreamcatcher style weave in a chainmail link for a more aesthetic pull.

BookLoverL

Post by BookLoverL »

Yeah, basically the reason for modifying it would be that it still doesn't work quite as well as I'd like. It still works better than before, though - the fleece is actually potentially wearable now.