Liberate Mind: Family Edition

Where are you and where are you going?
LiberateMind

Re: Liberate Mind: Family Edition

Post by LiberateMind »

May goals : Result : Bad, except for completing modules on time, failed on all fronts, Shows what my commitment capability is. Have to build my self discipline musle..

On the intership front, got an internship though not from mentor. Radio silence there from mentor.. Trying interview on multiple fronts. My old company colleagues had talk with me on a contract.. Lets see how it goes.. I have to train people to replace me and then get out.. Most likely it is for one year.. Have given them a month to decide.. lets see where it goes..

LiberateMind

Post by LiberateMind »

Finance: Finance front everything is going good. Though giving costly gifts is becoming a norm now. That is not permenant , so okay with it for now. Spent around 5k on clothes, have to spend around 15k on mobile. Cashflow is finally positive. Lets see how it goes.

LiberateMind

Post by LiberateMind »

June Goals:

Finance

Maintain cashflow and save 50K for Insurance payment.

Self-Development.

Very very little goals to make sure I achieve them.
- Meditate 10 mins a day ( 100 days project)
- Walk 60K steps this month from now on.

Moments in may:
- Realized I am doing multiple self-sabotaging and self-loathing behaviours, I plan to come out of it, try it and fail at it resulting in low self-esteem an d apathy. Have to dig out of that hole.
- Doing things for the sake of others, which doesn't help me. Started identifying this and it is bit revealing, as I am not like that before.
- Planned to do things for my sake only and going to work on clarity on what is it i want.
- Whatsapp was crucial to group studies, so mobile block is a fail. Have to think about how to implement this.

LiberateMind

Post by LiberateMind »

Finance

Deficit : 37K
Income : 65K

At the end of the month the deficit might increase by 5K due to gifts for kids. Have to control the spending . Although DH is not onboard with it yet, as he is not into FIRE thing yet. Always thinking in whether we can cashflow this month or not only. Inspite of this , he has some automatic savings going on from his end.

Upcoming finance goals:
Save 88+42 = 130K to compensate for deficit and upcoming annual payments on insurance by month of apirl.So from September we have to save 16.5 k monthly to meet this goal.Lets target for 20k and see where it goes. Will post a monthly report and see how we progress.

LiberateMind

Post by LiberateMind »

Whats up with life :

- I was being lazy for the past two months and no progress on goal being made. Feeling bit out of control with my life.

- Planning a anniversary trip on the upcoming month, so that will include some expenses and experiences.

- Looking for a residence to buy , that will involve major finance commitment and lots of planning. Failing to find a residence , planning to shift the home where there is more community bound activities.

- Had a clash with DH while discussing finances and trying to bring it under control, so going smoothly for now.

- Have 33x years of expenses individually, though tracking individually doesn't make sense anymore. As of now, my DH is handling the expenses, I want to pick up equal weight during retirement, so have to think about it a bit and set up investments based on that.

- Have around 16x years of expenses saved as family.

- Thinking about part time job or business so that it covers the expenses and can coastFIRE with existing investments if we want to. No concrete steps yet. It is in the mind for future.

- My MS is going smoothly, but am slacking in my studies and other commitments.

- Have to challenge with DH to lose 10 kg by the end of Decemeber , so will plan for it religiously and do it. Another IVF round is pending, planning to take it up.