Niemand's Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
niemand

Re: Niemand's Journal

Post by niemand »

Update after a few weeks of holidays.

Garden

In our absence, spring has come with a vengeance of weeds :shock: I've been trying to restore some semblance of order. In stark contrast to weed growth, I'm happy with the way the edibles are going.

Financials

Since this journal is now about a year old, it may be a good time to review some charts.

Asset Allocation

There's some work to be done until my AA is where I want it to be. I'll keep cost-averaging from Cash into Stocks whilst growing my Cash stash every month via savings until I reach my target AA. Might take another 3-4 years. Sidenote: I don't consider my share of the family home, car or "stuff" as part of my assets.

Cash Base

The starting Cash Base (on the very left of the chart) is my projected cumulated one-year FI Expenses.
If I had solely relied on passive income during the past 12 months, my monthly I expenses would have eroded my Cash Base down to 49% :( Still, 49% is an improvement over last month, due to increased bi-annual dividends, which in turn are due to a larger stock portfolio. My goal is to eventually maintain the Cash Base at >=100%. As of yet, my Rental Income and my Dividend Income are not sufficient to fund a life of leisure and renaissance.

Stock Portfolio

I continue to DCA into my dividend portfolio that will eventually provide half of the income I need to cover my projected FI expenses (the other half is covered by rental income). The portfolio goal is 25% complete. Milestone: Bi-annual dividends have crossed the 4-digit barrier. Woohoo!

Home Loan

The salary increase I received in July means the house will be ours faster since all additional salary is diverted into the home loan's offset account. Status: 24%.

Habits

I'm in the process of establishing/enforcing above habits. My tracking system is loosely based on Benjamin Franklin’s 13-Virtue system. The items with upper case letters are priorities for me right now. I eventually dropped the Mediation habit as I just couldn't get myself to get started, maybe I'll add it back on day (when I'm more zen about it)...

Cocktail Fun

What can I say? If I remember them all, I had a Wild Rose (-), Cuba Libre (+), Gin Tonic (+), Bloodhound (+), Rum Rickey (-), Ward 8 (-) and a Gin Tonic Rhubarb Ginger (+).

Links
For reference, this is something I want to re-read and properly digest one day:
- Yields and Flows

niemand

Post by niemand »

Quick one.

Moola stats
Stock portfolio 27%
Home loan mortgage offset 26%
Cash base 49% - no change

Booze
People seem to like my Bloodhound cocktail, which is essentially a perfect Martini with muddled strawberries.

Plants
So far we've had one day with 40°C / 104°F. Summer is coming.

niemand

Post by niemand »

Stock portfolio 30%
Home loan mortgage offset 30%
Cash base 49% - no change

Harvest: Made a bottle of limoncello and 8 jars marmalade
Other: Had to evacuate from a bushfire - scary stuff, but no harm done

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

I'm glad you are doing OK. I have been following the fires, it is a very sad situation.