Summit with Putin

Should you squeeze the toothpaste tube in the middle or from the end?
Riggerjack

Re: Summit with Putin

Post by Riggerjack » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:10 am

None of this changes the fact that our election was hacked. I don't want to leave that precedent unchallenged. It is an act of war, and if any Americans knowningly assisted them, then they should be caught and punished. Not because I believe in punishment, or because I think we should go to war, but because I think it is important for national security to make sure that this sort of thing does not happen so easily again.
Maybe spending a bit of time looking at the history of voting, fraud, and electioneering would help you move past this. Our election was hacked. Yup. So what? Which one wasn't?

Our current system just tried to ensure the "winner" has some popular support. It only takes 23% of the popular vote to take the electoral college. Lincoln did it with less than 40%, though J Q Adams pulled it off with 30.92%.

We have had 19 presidents elected with less than 50% of the popular vote. And only one civil war. The system seems to be working.

ThisDinosaur

Post by ThisDinosaur » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Clarice

Post by Clarice » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Let me bear witness to this state of affairs:

https://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:39 am

From a geo-political perspective, national sovereignty is generally considered to be the doctrine of the utmost significance. It explains why despite having laws against genocide for 50 years, it wasn't until 1998 that actual prosecution was enacted against Rwanda, meaning Cambodia, Uganda and Bosnia were not-prosecuted. Foreign intervention into domestic affairs sets a precedent that no one wants. That is why foreign interference into election results has to be treated differently than normal domestic originating election shenanigans. It threatens the doctrine of national sovereignty.