Forums' new theme

Questions and comments
jennypenny

Re: Forums' new theme

Post by jennypenny »

Bigato, I'm sure you realize this, but the links to the blog and the wiki no longer appear at the top of the page.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Not complaining, just noting ...

It also doesn't automatically refresh the page. If I'm reading a post, and then click on "active posts", it brings up the last version of that page. I have to manually refresh to see any new posts.

Is this something in my user settings I can change?

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

The ads are also gone.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Can you add the wiki, too?

If I ask really, really nicely, will you add a "most recent posts" button? I know it's in the drop down menu, but it's easier for newbies if it's obvious.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

can links to the wiki and blog be added to the Quick Links drop-down menu?

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

ok

stand@desk

Post by stand@desk »

I take it the scrolling icon means someone is reading that post in real time?

lilacorchid

Post by lilacorchid »

I can get used to this no problem. But if I only had one wish, it would be to change the colour back. Then it's not like it's a total change... ;)

pka222

Post by pka222 »

I like it - Some improvements to make- button for active themes would be good- but it looks "cleaner" good work

billc

Post by billc »

It threw me for a little bit of a loop but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I do find the blue to be off putting for some reason.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

Most don't like change at first..I'll get used to it with time. Agree on the color comments though. I did like the red.

rube

Post by rube »

I always have a hard time at first with these changes, but I am sure I'll get used to it. More important is that the software is maintained correctly, so thanks Bigato!

fips

Post by fips »

Thanks for always working on the forum and keeping things up-to-date! This community is built to last ;)

Two short questions:
1) Did the chat room also disappear?
2) Is it possible for forum posts to be deleted? I thought I had posted in this thread last night. Maybe my post wasn't sent though, I did not double check.

Best,
fips

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

For anyone viewing the forums on their phone ...

I don't see anyway to click on a thread and pull up the latest post. Am I missing it?

or

Is there a way to have the latest post at the top when I click on the thread? (on the phone only)

GandK

Post by GandK »

I'm with "most." On the whole I don't like it. The scrolling post icons are distracting to me. I mean, I can already see that a post is generating traffic if it's (a) on the recent posts list, and (b) multiple pages long. Does it need to blink on top of that? The whole thing looks too... busy.

On a positive note, the forums look much better on my phone now. The other layout wasn't really mobile-friendly.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Eeek! It's blue!

Found everything I need, so it's working for me other than the theme.

saving-10-years

Post by saving-10-years »

Bigato, Thanks for the work on keeping all this good stuff safe. Not a developer but looking at the PhP board here https://www.phpbb.com/about/?sid=fcfa52 ... dcfa%20%20 it looks like tabs along the top are possible and in some of the showcase examples there are interesting themes and zones. So blog and wiki link could return to prominent position in time?

Its good that we have a smooth migration. My PM archive is safe, my login worked fine. I am not locked out (its happened on other boards before when this sort of thing happened). THANK YOU.

GandK

Post by GandK »

bigato wrote:I would also like to explain that changing to this new theme wasn't a choice. We had to do it to be able to update the software. Not updating the software was not an viable option. Keeping the default theme is also less work overall, but it is not impossible to change in the future once more compatible themes become available. But you guys will have a hard time convincing me to work for cosmetic improvements :)
Got it. Thanks for your work. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Guess I'm just getting persnickety in my old age. :D

henrik

Post by henrik »

The active topics page doesn't recognise that I'm logged in (and consequently doesn't show which threads have unread posts). The session remains active though, because when I visit a thread, I am again logged in and can post. It worked fine yesterday.
EDIT: After posting this, the problem seems to have disappeared..

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

I like the update, thanks for making it happen.