I quit today ...starting ERE in 2 weeks

Move along, nothing to see here!
EU_US

Post by EU_US »

Hi all,
I just want to announce that I quit my IT job today and I will be working 2 more weeks, than I will be free.

I started saving 2 years ago and here I am today being able to ERE, hopefully everything will go as planned.

I would like to thank Jacob for putting this website together and writing a very good book, which both opened my mind. Also a big THANK YOU to the other members of this forum for keeping it going.

Spartan_Warrior

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

Wow, just two years! That is awesome... and I'm most jealous. :p Congrats!

EU_US

Post by EU_US »

Thanks Spartan. Yep, just 2 years.

I understood a few things about ERE: not to spend on things that I don't need, eat out less or none, stopped buying clothes which was a high spending before.

Another thing that helped me was the fact I don't own a house. I rent, but my boyfriend actually pays the rent and most bills.. Also my car is paid off, never actually had rates on it. So pretty much I will spend money on gas, food and some bills.

I still have a lot of crap to sell, mostly clothes and other little things I've neve used. I sold all my CD's/DVD's and most books.

secretwealth

Post by secretwealth »

Another one crosses over. It's really amazing to see so many people successfully retiring in such a short period. Make sure to add a post to the SWR Milestone thread.
And congratulations!

Christopherjart

Post by Christopherjart »

Congratulations. You are very brave to have to depend on someone else for rent and bills.

EU_US

Post by EU_US »

SW, I will post it in that thread.

Christopher, even if I break up with my BF, I will have enough money to survive: rent, food and bills. According to my calculations, I can live on 600-700/per month for everything if I live alone, if I find a roomate it would be even better.

Christopherjart

Post by Christopherjart »

Thats good news! I have several roommates. I don't know what I'd do without them.

secretwealth

Post by secretwealth »

I think there's no reason to plan for a worst-case scenario in all cases; one can always budget for the here and now and, if the situation causes for an increase in cash flow in the future, take up a part-time job, re-enter the workforce, or find another way to get cash.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Most excellent! What plans do you have in store for enjoying your new freedom?

RelicO

Post by RelicO »

That is indeed inspiring. Congratulations. It is encouraging to read.

altoid

Post by altoid »

Congrats! it is amazing that you did in two years. Look forward to seeing your postretirement updates.

44deagle

Post by 44deagle »

congrats!!

EU_US

Post by EU_US »

Thank you all.

I hope I can invest all my money is stocks etc so I can have a monthly budget. I've been a day trader for a few years now, so I have some experinece in investing.

I would like to volunteer to some places and travel around the globe. I know traveling is not exactly an ERE thing, but I have traveled many times in the past and I know how to do it on the budget.

ktn

Post by ktn »

Congratulations! It takes guts to pull that plug.. and you've done it.
Good luck and keep us posted on how post-ERE goes. We are all headed there and learning from each other is the best.

bibacula

Post by bibacula »

Congratulations!
I traveled non-stop for my first 3 years of ERE. I mainly traveled in inexpensive parts of the world (Asia, Central and South America).
After a few years, I wanted to live overseas to experience different cultures in-depth. I worked part-time and lived overseas for the next 8 years. If you want to travel, it's very easy to do with an ERE lifestyle.

Meliora

Post by Meliora »

Congratulations on your (extremely-)extremely early retirement!

I hope you will stay in touch and let us know what wonderful things you are now doing. Extra inspiration is never a bad thing even though ERE within 2 years is quite inspirational already!

tylerrr

Post by tylerrr »

this thread is inspirational to me...:)

lilacorchid

Post by lilacorchid »

Congrats! And I'd like to be free in about three and a half years... Nice to know it is possible!

riparian

Post by riparian »

Congrats! I'm looking forward to your retired updates!

FPMLLC

Post by FPMLLC »

AWESOME! This is such an inspiration. Enjoy the new freedom, once you get out of the cycle, and can experience the ere life, it's got to be surreal for a while to look back like wow....how did i waste so much of my life like that?