Switzerland (previously germany meetup) meetup 6-7 july 2024

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Jean

Switzerland (previously germany meetup) meetup 6-7 july 2024

Post by Jean »

The previous topic let it think that the meeting will happen in Germany, That's why I created a new topic. I tried to copy most important informations. The meeting will happen at my forest In Switzerland, close to Biel/Bienne and Neuchâtel. It will officialy start on the 6th of july, I'll try to be there on the 5th. If someone want to arrive earlier and camp at the forest, this isn't a problem for me. I'll stay there longer, and probably would be happy to have people staying there for up to a week.

If it's a week end without strong wind, 20 people could probably camp at my forest. It's one hour walk from transit and lot of free parking. there are some free parking closer, and a car could be used to bring someone who can't walk on site. There is no water on site, and when pooping, using a showel and bringing the toilet paper to the fire would be expected.

For those staying longer, There is a shit ton of outdoor activities (climbing, water, paragliding, bascaly anything) possible within walking or public transportation distance.

There is a Glamping option a 20 minute walkaway for those that don't wan't to camp.
If anyone want to buy a cheap train ticket on the deutsche bahn app, closest train station you can buy a german train ticket to is Biel/Bienne.
There are also sometimes cheap option on sbb.ch
You could buy a ticket to somewhere even closer there.
Flixbus goes to Bern, but it's a bit further, and usually not cheaper than trains.
Closest airport is Bern, put not many airlines fly there.
I'de recommand flying to Basel (EAP) if you're going to fly, but Geneva and Zürich aren't very far either (both are less than 2 hours away with public transport).
I'll PM precise direction to anyone that manifest intention to join

Member who publicly confirmed their participation
Shelob
Xmj
Jean

xmj

Re: Switzerland (previously germany meetup) meetup 6-7 july 2024

Post by xmj »

Morning shower thought: There's more CH people in the wider MustachianPost community, some of which might be more receptive to ERE principles

Jean

Post by Jean »

I will add some good reason why you should come:

-We will have a good time around the fire, grilling meat, eggplant, raclette, mushrooms, and whatever you want.
-We can go hike down to the lake, or to the river and bath and swin in crystal clear waters at an agreable temperature.
-We can go hike up to the nearby mountains and enjoy the view, and spot some wildlife.
-We can go climbing, if some people stay longer, we can go to cliffs, and sleep in a cave in the cliffs, it safely accessible without climbing, so non climber could also come along and just enjoy the time there.
-We will have extremely intersting conversation about a variety of topic you usually never find anyone to talk about.

Jean

Post by Jean »

anyone else thinking about coming?
Xmj, shelob, still planing to come?

xmj

Post by xmj »

Not the ideal date for me due to some local events Thu/Fri/Sat, but as said, I can make myself available :-)

Jean

Post by Jean »

no other people showed imterest, and this meet up is the only reason why i'm coming home early (i'm on holliday).
I would really like if the xmj and shelob would look at their pm. I'm writing here because they might see this before they think about checking their pm.

shelob

Post by shelob »

Just saw your pm, sorry.

I'm in Geneva from tonight, but the earliest time I could make it to the meetup is Monday (unless my triathlon on Saturday gets cancelled due to thunderstorms).

I have free time and a car on Monday/Tuesday (8th/9th)! If anyone wants to carpool for something :)

Jean

Post by Jean »

Meet up will be on tuesday evening the 9th of july in Biel.
If you want to join, you can pm me and i'll give you exact coordinate before tuesday at noon.

xmj

Post by xmj »

Thanks for organizing and having us, that was fun - let's do that again some time :D

Jean

Post by Jean »

My pleasure