I Was Once Found But Now I Am Lost

Where are you and where are you going?
chenda

Re: I Was Once Found But Now I Am Lost

Post by chenda »

You should consider writing your memoirs. From duct taped girlfriends to the flower shop murders you have the makings of a genuinely entertaining story. 'Jersey boy - a life in stitches'. You're welcome.

Henry

Post by Henry »

Save money, exercise, eat right, wear sunscreen, and do not live next to old men wearing corduroy pants on hot summer days until you are one of them.

Henry

Post by Henry »

NVDA earnings day. Jensen Huang in that smart black leather jacket walking on stage cool as a cucumber fooling everybody that he's not a totalitarian at heart. God bless him. And God bless NVDA . And God bless the chatbots. And most of all, may God bless poor, crippled, little Henry. In the form of $1000 shares, please. And if its will, may God bless the rest of humanity who didn't have the foresight to own NVDA. That is unless earnings disappoint. Then all of humanity can go choke itself on chatbots and their technological utopian bullshit.

Henry

Post by Henry »

Peace and joy to all the nations, as we, one universal people, move together towards the nirvana of never having to talk to a another human being ever again. God bless.

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

Are you taking NVDA chips ( ;) ) off the table or are you letting your position ride?

Henry

Post by Henry »

Our shares are up 1800% to 2200% in five years. Once in a lifetime event for the average retail investor. I feel this quarter solidified the reality of the situation. Based upon their cumulative value in relation to our net worth, if NVDA shares doubled within the next three years, it would significantly move our needle. If you asked me what stock has best chance of 2xing in the next three years, I would chose NVDA over all others, so I'm holding. Jensen Huang is a youthful 61. I don't see him getting to this point and jumping ship. You never know how many floors the building will have or what inning of the game you are in, but I feel there's still time here. NVDA will eventually become IBM but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future. Also, there is usually at least a duopoly. But AMD is not close. I see NVDA wanting them around so they don't become monopoly, but making sure they continue to hold their moat which I understand is 90%.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

To me w NVDA the risk isn't NVDA it's the emergence of successful competition, and there's certainly motivation enough to achieve that.

Scott 2

Post by Scott 2 »

Do you need the NVDA shares to 2X again, to meet your financial needs? If you have enough, diversifying to derisk, sacrificing potential returns, can make sense. It's the downside that kills retirements.

Henry

Post by Henry »

@Ertyu - Nivida started in 1993 so this seems like three year story but it is actually a 30 year story. Although it's somewhat (pardon the pun) apples to oranges, it's like saying AAPL's biggest concern is someone coming into the iPhone market. It's not. It's saturation. NVDA is a hardware company who is pretty much the sole provider of the bricks and mortar in an Industrial Revolution. They are laying the tracks so to speak. So the risk, to me, is not competition, but minding the runway to complete build out.

@Scott 2 - It's a good question, but I still require portfolio growth and I think NVDA has passed the possible implosion stage. I think NVDA doubling in 2 years is actual a conservative estimate. Most think it will be 1250 by end of year.

zbigi

Post by zbigi »

Henry wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:53 am
@Scott 2 - It's a good question, but I still require portfolio growth and I think NVDA has passed the possible implosion stage. I think NVDA doubling in 2 years is actual a conservative estimate. Most think it will be 1250 by end of year.
I don't get such line of reasoning. If people believe that NVIDIA will be at $1250 by end of year, why don't they dump all their available money in it, for a great 25% return in mere seven months? Unless you're only talking about true believers, who have all their money in NVIDIA already anyway.

Henry

Post by Henry »

They call them Hedge Funds. Not Belief Funds.

okumurahata

Post by okumurahata »

If Mr. TeslaSolarCityNeuraLinkSpaceXTwitterNowX CEO ran the company, he would have updated the ticker to ENVY, tweeted about it, and got that 25% increase in a few seconds.