Best of the ERE Forum!

Questions and comments
AxelHeyst

Re: Best of the ERE Forum!

Post by AxelHeyst »

Jacob and 7 on why ERE is resilient against being strung from the lampposts *and* being picked over by the wolves.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

The entire thread on End of Life Care. It is full of perspectives that, really, everyone should spend some time with.

I also liked this in particular;

Jacob on how ERE doesn't require more effort than consumer or FIRE lifestyle, just different and more informed. And how that relates to old age care as an EREr.
jacob wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:12 pm
Those with higher spending levels (WL4-5) often mistakenly think that lower spending levels require a lot of effort. Why he must be spending 8 hours a day making laundry detergent or cooking lentils. IOW, the belief is that ERE is but replacing one's day job with a lower paying one. What's important to understand is that ERE-living does not require more effort than consumer or FIRE-living but rather a different and more informed effort.

In conclusion, I see life as something that winds up and then winds down and where the work required is minimal and the struggle is practically non-existent IF AND ONLY IF a good [lifetime] philosophy is adapted early and followed through with consistently. I think the full version of ERE does that.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Another thread attempting to explain the various types of freedom-from, especially in the context of ERE City and ERE2:
viewtopic.php?t=13092

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

A concise masterclass by mF on his arrangement of freedom-to activities that happen to generate incidental income in excess of self-funding level.
mF wrote:I no longer need to work for money, but money can come to me as a side effect of how I want to be spending my time. Darmera and Montology are two lifestyle businesses that I aim to fully express myself through. I do not need a penny from either of them, but they fulfill complementary roles personally and across many forms of capital.