mooretrees journal

Where are you and where are you going?
mooretrees

Re: mooretrees journal

Post by mooretrees »

mountainFrugal wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:04 pm
Alright @mooretrees. I have gone 5 times. I assume you are winning in this category. I have skied 123 km this season. Yesterday I skied 21km on 4-8 cm of fresh fallen powder on top of the grooming to try to catch up to you. It was mostly not fun. ha! Watcha got?
I’ve gone 7 times! So win for me. However your mileage KILLS. I will say that sometimes I am skiing with a child, so doing 3 km with him is a big ask still. I’m hoping to go three times this week, and at least one of those times I’ll try and get at least a 10 k in. Glad you started that construction project or you’d be killing me in kilometers AND ski trips😜

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

Closing the gap...6 times... +17.4km. More powder skiing on hard pack. I should be BC skiing! ha!

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

7 (21 km) and 8 times (30.5 km).

mooretrees

Post by mooretrees »

Up to 9 now! Was super tired from a good lifting session in the morning but still went skiing! Partly because DH kicked us out of the bus to work on the big electrical project and partly because you were catching up!

mooretrees

Post by mooretrees »

10 trips now. Today was the longest I’ve skied yet, still under five miles. But I’m feeling like my movement is better, more efficient and graceful. I’m still nervous in icy snow going downhill….