What are you eating today? Cooking inspiration!

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
theanimal

Re: What are you eating today? Cooking inspiration!

Post by theanimal »

Lunch- Mixed veggies with peanut sauce; homemade sourdough; carrot
In between lunch and dinner- homemade yogurt (with walnuts, chia, flax, coconut, cacao powder, cinnamon and peanut butter)
Dinner- Potato medley- Cubed mixed potatoes with cabbage, tomatoes, multiple beans, garlic, mushrooms, eggs and cheddar cheese.

These are animal household staples. I eat a variation of these just about everyday.

Saltation

Post by Saltation »

Breakfast: water/coffee
Lunch: water
Dinner: naan bread, 2 cans drained sardines with onions/mayo/horseradish, homemade black beans, corn and hot sauce
Post dinner: Spiced rum/caffeine free diet cola mixer, one beer

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

We brought these breadsticks for a "potluck" yesterday. They were pretty good. The sauce not so much though. By and large, I think they're a better choice than the usual "salad". You can bring them in a brown paper bag and not worry about getting your bowls, etc. back. The recipe is easy (flour, dry yeast, and two tonnes of butter).

Frita

Post by Frita »

jacob wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:04 am
Good call on the paper bag, I will be filing the idea away. Putting in a pan is gamechangingly easy. I make something similar with a master bread recipe, using less fat (mix of olive oil in dough and butter on top) and some potato cooking liquid plus adding nutritional yeast and some crumbs from the bottom of the hard pretzel bag. These are very popular with teens and people who don’t scratch cook/bake. At home I will serve as a meal with assorted finger foods: fruits, veggies, cheese, nuts, etc.

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

Fridge Cleaner Soup on the fly recipe-

2 small butternut squash (peeled, DW does not like the skin)
6 getting soft carrots
1 medium sweet potato
chopped ginger
1 quart jar of our chicken bone broth
20 minutes instant pot pressure cook
---
blend soft veggies with uncooked and chopped red onion
salt, pepper, paprika to taste

2 cups coconut milk
Drizzle olive oil

Served with remaining cilantro, left over bag of tortilla chips and a single dollop of sour cream for each of us to finish off the container