Talking about ERE2 is not ERE2

The "other" ERE. Societal aspects of the ERE philosophy. Emergent change-making, scale-effects,...
AxelHeyst

Talking about ERE2 is not ERE2

Post by AxelHeyst »

I thought it would be useful to have a thread title with this. There's been friction and discomfort about the ERE2 project and I think part of that is the misunderstanding that the object of ERE2 is the same as the activity of figuring out how to encourage critical masses of people to free themselves from Platos Cave. No, the object of ERE2 is critical masses of people free of Platos cave.

I think that this is akin to mistaking that the object of the field of kinesiology is to get all athletes to join kinesiology conferences and argue about peer reviewed studies. You might show up to a kinesiology conference and think my god this is so boring, and these people are arguing about minutia using technical words, this is not at ALL what I expected, I thought kinesiology was about movement and function! I don't see anyone moving or functioning! Some of these people aren't even elite athletes, what the hell!