Weekly Walk and Talk, Tucson AZ

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
grundomatic

Re: Weekly Walk and Talk, Tucson AZ

Post by grundomatic »

Walk moved back to Mondays, starting today. 5pm meetup time, regular place.

grundomatic

Post by grundomatic »

@AnalyticalEngine joined us for a special weekend edition! We talked on the sidewalk near 4th Ave until midnight while the drunks walked by. Wondered what people that heard us talking thought. Decided it probably sounds like the wah-wah that Peanuts characters hear when the grownups talk. In any case, 3 was even better than 2! How much more fun would it be if you joined in sometime?

grundomatic

Post by grundomatic »

No walk and talk this week, unless you message me.

grundomatic

Post by grundomatic »

Meeting is 5:15 tomorrow, regular place at Reid park. Should be 3 of us. I pulled in someone who is actually early retired, but knew nothing of FIRE or ERE.

grundomatic

Post by grundomatic »

I had a visiting professor contact me through my meetup page on the MMM forum, and I met up with him to talk about FIRE. He has written a paper on the "back to the land" movement back in France, and may write a paper on the FIRE movement. He wants to get 3-4 more interviews, so if anyone is interested in helping, I'm sure he would love to do a zoom interview. Hit me up for his contact info.

Next week will be a larger meetup. A new friend wanted to meet with DW to talk about FI, so we will be combining her meetup with mine for a total of 5 people. We will probably pick a restaurant and meet there to make visiting with more people easier.

grundomatic

Post by grundomatic »

Meeting tomorrow, regular place in the park, 5:15.

grundomatic

Post by grundomatic »

Summer vacations and hot weather have this on hold for a while. In fact, since I haven't had anyone find us from this thread, I'm probably not going to bother posting once we start up again, unless someone posts here or messages me.

grundomatic

Post by grundomatic »

Now that the weather is tolerable, the Walk and Talk is back on! We are moving the walking location to the University. Message for details.