Hello ERE World

Say hello!!
Gadget

Hello ERE World

Post by Gadget »

Greetings!

This post is long overdue as I've been lurking here off and on for almost a decade now. This forum has been source of wisdom and inspiration to me so I'm happy to become a part of it.

The basics: Female, married, no kids or plans for kids. Born in the Midwest US, moved to a HCOL area as an adult and struggled to adapt to that environment. Currently nomadic. INFP-T "Turbulent Mediator" according to my latest Myers-Briggs results, although my results change every time I take the test so I don't place much emphasis on it.

COVID shook things up for me in 2020 and motivated my fast track to financial freedom. DH and I sold our HCOL house and have been traveling the U.S. for the past year in our adventuremobile. I've been working remotely at my corporate job during that time but I've decided to leave at the end of this month. At first I felt very unprepared to pull the plug on full time employment, but oddly I feel calmer as my last day approaches. It is exciting and overwhelming to think of the possibilities that lie ahead, without being beholden to my employer. I'm not certain how long we will travel-- through 2023 at minimum. I would like to improve our travel strategy, because while it is rewarding in many ways, it also feels like consuming experiences. I can do better. I'm still new at this.

It's been a roller coaster getting to where I am now and I know I have a long way to go, so I feel very fortunate to be a part of this community. I hope I can contribute something of value to the forum ...even if only to provide an example of how not to do ERE. Because I've had plenty of stupid moments. Lots of them. But I'm still here! Thank you all.

- Gadget

DutchGirl

Re: Hello ERE World

Post by DutchGirl »

Welcome! Good to read this and I'm sure you'll find your way. Just a few more weeks to go with the job, right? Good luck!

Smashter

Post by Smashter »

Hello! Sounds like you're at the start of a fun and interesting phase of life, what a great time to start posting. I look forward to following along.

I get different Myers-Briggs results every time I do it, too, you're not alone :)

Gadget

Post by Gadget »

@DutchGirl - Thank you! Yes, I am counting down the days and training my replacement. Very surreal.

@Smashter - Glad I'm not alone. Every time I read the results I scoff "Pffft--that's not me at all!" and then I read the description and I admit "Ok, well that might be just a little bit accurate."

NewBlood

Post by NewBlood »

Welcome! Good luck on pulling the plug, looking forward to reading about it!