Being misunderstood while trying to be ERE/ Finding a partner

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
7Wannabe5

Re: Being misunderstood while trying to be ERE/ Finding a partner

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@BRUTE: Nah, just a basketball that reads too much.

TheRedHare

Post by TheRedHare »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:29 pm
ENFP is warm, open, generous, needs to be needed type. Signaling self-sufficient will render you invisible.

Also, you will find yourself miles ahead of the game if you can stop thinking of your male competitors who are not like you as douchebags.
What about ENTPs? I've met a few of them before, they seem to be a bit domineering.
And I totally agree with you on the last statement haha. I'm typically not like that, but growing up in the south and being around a lot of frat people during college has worn on me.
SustainableHappiness wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 pm
Try to stop using the word normies. Makes you sound like a prick.
I just use it in a joking manner, kinda like how they call us weirdos or crazies.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

@scriptbunny: Yahoo finance comments? (lol)

TheRedHare

Post by TheRedHare »

scriptbunny wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:17 am
TheRedHare wrote:I just use it in a joking manner, kinda like how they call us weirdos or crazies.
Who are "they"?
They being the ones that aren't into ERE

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@TheRedHare: Female ENTP's are much less common than female ENFP's. ENTJ's are very domineering, but ENTP's mostly just like to debate issues for fun. IME, men who are very I and very F sometimes can't grok the difference between enjoying the debate or being enthusiastic about a new project/idea and seriously wanting to take and hold power and control when I (ENTP) am in relationship with them. YMMV. A good example of this would be when Stephen Colbert (ENTP) was running for president. There's always a bit of a Wizard of Oz farce or inability to hold the pose when an ENTP is in a position of leadership. Mostly ENTP's desire long-leash independence in relationship, and quickly feel trapped in position of leadership after initial burst of energy fades.

I was married to a very IF man for a couple decades, so coming out of that relationship I really felt like I had a tendency to be the more pro-active partner, but in my 10 years of dating career since my divorce, I quickly and repeatedly discovered that I am a pushover in relationship to most men (caveat here being that I generally follow old school practice of only dating men who clearly indicate strong desire to date me which would weight my pool towards more assertive personality types.)

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

jacob wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:19 am
If you're looking for compatible people who do understand ERE, look for people working in (high) finance, anyone into permaculture, and people who are trying to save the world (not using politics). Simple living is a bit risky (many hate money and everything it stands for). I don't think world-travel is a good indicator, but maybe that's just me.
there was also post (which I can't find atm), in which you also recommended prepping/survivalism/bushcraft (but I think it's mostly male dominated hobby).

anyhow... any new developments on this?

PhoneticNachos

Post by PhoneticNachos »

Some people just don't understand, and also there are people who are asexual/aromantic, so they are not prone to dating/romance much.

I have always explained my lifestyle and goals in a way that has me being able to maximize what I value spending money on, and trying to minimize spending on what I don't value.

This leads to retirement discussions sometimes, so I explain my simple wealth formula:

"For every $100 I can lower my monthly cost in retirement, I reduce the portfolio need by $30k, via the monthly cost X * 300 given a 4% SWR".