X bagger communities

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
Stahlmann

X bagger communities

Post by Stahlmann »

Hi,

Has anybody found any communities like this https://10baggerclub.com/?
I would be more interested in investing in small cap in Europe or in USA.

Nevertheless, any ideas how to find broker who would enable me investsing in small cap in Australia and Canada? I'm based in Eastern Europe.

Cheers

fiby41

Re: X bagger communities

Post by fiby41 »

100 dollars for a membership on a discord server. They could easily afford to present/host their content on the website itself. Why do I have to to download/sign-up for discord to use their membership.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

I think it's more important to focus on author's perspectives on investing than their usage of platform.

BTW, I also prefer BB boards like this (too young to be born during usenet or IRC era, too old for discord).

I worry about "millionaire traders based in Thailand" who share their knowledge for 200 USD/yr, but their past perfomance sounds good...

However, the biggest obstacle seems to be cheap access to small cap market in AUS/CA.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Are you really interested in the analysis of obscure gold miners or is it more the 10x potential that attracts you?

Read this first: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_stock

And remember that the first rule of investing is "don't lose money". This is also the second rule.

It's easy to get a bunch of tenbaggers on stocks that trade for under a dollar. On the flip side of tenbaggers are bag holders, same basic idea except you lose 90% of your money which almost as easy. Tiny volume, huge volatility(*). The internet makes it worse in that it's hard to avoid pump&dump behavior whether intentional (illegal) or unintentional (also see gamestonks).

(*) Also small gold miners are a leveraged bet on the price of gold. The only thing "wilder" is currency futures.

I will once again recommend becoming an AAII member if you're into "building your own" (using a premade kit). They do run the "shadow stock" portfolio (US small cap) which gets discussed 4 times per year in their monthly magazine. Trawling Seeking Alpha would be a cheaper option.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

jacob wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:34 am
And remember that the first rule of investing is "don't lose money".
This is a tangent, sometimes I get those little revelation that sort of unlocks understanding of various phenomena in a different way. Like here, 'don't lose money' is such a common phrase and I'd use it in the past automatically. But thinking of it, it involves knowing where one's money is, just like e.g.

'don't lose your keys' i.e.
know where you put them - accounting
don't misplace them so that somebody else takes them - theft
or maybe they will land at the bottom of a lake and will never be found again - well, this can happen with money as well

Further, keys might not work any more because they wear off (inflation, depreciation), locks might be changed for one reason or another (no ability to exchange currency) and or you might move out and have no use for the keys anymore because you don't live there, or contrary you might still leave there but the house can turn into a rubble because of something.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

@jacob, I wanted in overall to treat their analysis/picks/signals for betting part of barbell portfolio (10-30% bets, 90-70% cash or national bonds).